Did the universe's creator hide a message in the cosmos?

The article says "Leaving aside all the hidden assumptions in the question — that there is a cosmic creator, that a cosmic creator wants people to know about them, that the cosmic creator has an insight into the minds of future intelligent creatures and can therefore predict the future — the CMB would be a good place to hide a message if you were a creator trying to target civilizations at our current level of development, said Avi Loeb, a Harvard astrophysicist who wasn't involved in Hippke's work published to the arXiv database on Nov. 29. (The paper has not been peer reviewed.)"

After reading, just what is the message in the CMBR that we should read, i.e. what is the CMBR telling us about a *cosmic creator*? Seems not as clear as messages in the Quran, for example.

COLGeek

Humans have a tendency to look for patterns (even if not present) to define our surroundings/environment. This topic has been reported elsewhere as well and still seems to be an over-application of our human tendency to find patterns/similarities.

Reactions: rod
Looking for patterns in the CMBR as a message from a cosmic creator is interesting. Consider though inflation. 'The Founder of Cosmic Inflation Theory on Cosmology's Next Big Ideas', https://www.scientificamerican.com/...03&mvp=NA-SCIEAMERLIVE-11237933&mvl=TagLatest

My observation, CMBR patterns can be interpreted differently too apparently than a message. The brief report has some interesting graphs. This *origin model* uses repulsive gravity force *in the beginning* and space expanding > 1E+20 c.

Humans have a tendency to look for patterns (even if not present) to define our surroundings/environment. This topic has been reported elsewhere as well and still seems to be an over-application of our human tendency to find patterns/similarities.
Yep. We love it when objective evidence (i.e. science) supports our particular beliefs, regardless of those beliefs. Science is all about seeking and understanding observed patterns, so the article makes sense.

IMO, however, we are probably about as disadvantaged mentally as an ant compare to my aunt as we are to a Creator. I really doubt that the CMBR, or a future neutrino map of the earlier universe for the even smarter civilizations, will have any sign like, "If you can read this, you are too close!". ;) The Creator seems to prefer a zero-pressure approach to us finding him, and it's a spiritual one over the weaker mental one, IMO.

Latest posts