Direct Light From An Extra Solar Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fear

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has captured for the first time enough light from planets outside our solar system, known as exoplanets, to identify signatures of molecules in their atmospheres. The landmark achievement is a significant step toward being able to detect possible life on rocky exoplanets and comes years before astronomers had anticipated. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote>Full Story<br /><br />It's still just a gas giant, but I didn’t think this would be possible at all for many more years.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Q

qso1

I still haven't seen an actual image but maybe thats forthcoming. This also shows that sometimes, scientific discoveries are...for lack of a better term, unexpected to the point of being almost accidental.<br /><br />I'm anxious to see the actual image having waited the better part of two decades for this. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Y

yevaud

Duplicate topic. Please continue in the "Spitzer Sees Light..." thread. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts