Enterprise Thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

arit

Hey Leovinus,<br />I happened to enter the scifi forum (nice, but I ususally don't come here). Maybe you can tell me something. In 'Enterprise', at the beginning, everytime, there are short clips of 'human exploration'. <br />Now I thought that they try to keep the stuff as authentic as possible, within limits, of course. So how come no one noticed there that the lunar lander is taking off with it's legs still attached to it? Or I am wrong and there actually was a lander that took off with the legs?<br /><br /><br />Regards<br /><br />arit<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999;font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999"><font face="Times New Roman"><strong><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><p> </p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'">"We will either find a way, or make one!" - Hannibal<br /> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><br /></span></strong></p></span></strong></strong></font></span></span> </div>

L

Leovinus

There may have been a shot of the lander taken from the CM prior to descent. At that time, of course, the descent state with legs would still be attached to the ascent module. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

mooware

I think the Augments mini was pretty good. I'm hoping the Vulcan Mini will do just as well or better. Hopefully, more episodes like these will set up for another season... Although, I have the sneaking suspicion this will be the last for a long while.<br /><br />

A

arit

Leo<br /><br />Please pay attention at the beginning of EVERY Enterprise episode. You see the Lander TAKING OFF. It is, of course, a fake and not real since the camera angle needed a second ship present to film it. But still, the legs are there.<br /><br /><br />Regards<br /><br />arit <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999;font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999"><font face="Times New Roman"><strong><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><p> </p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'">"We will either find a way, or make one!" - Hannibal<br /> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><br /></span></strong></p></span></strong></strong></font></span></span> </div>

L

Leovinus

Well, I have all my episodes taped. I usually skip over the opening credits but I'll play one back tonight and check it out. If you are correct, I'd definitely say that this deserves a complaint letter to the show. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

arit

Thanks Leo, I am expecting your response.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />arit <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999;font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999"><font face="Times New Roman"><strong><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><p> </p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'">"We will either find a way, or make one!" - Hannibal<br /> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><br /></span></strong></p></span></strong></strong></font></span></span> </div>

L

Leovinus

As I stated, the LEM footage was shot just after undocking and before power descent. The footage shows what was photographed from the command module. Before landing was attempted, the LEM would fly around and show its legs to the CM pilot and he would verify that the legs were fully extended and safe for landing. The moon can be seen flying past in the Enterprise footage which was undoubtedly speeded up for the credits. <br /><br />I'm attaching an animated GIF showing this same type of footage: <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

arit

Thanks, Leo, knew I could count on you for this one!<br /><br />arit <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999;font-family:Verdana"><span style="font-size:6pt;color:#009999"><font face="Times New Roman"><strong><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><p> </p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'">"We will either find a way, or make one!" - Hannibal<br /> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#009999;font-family:'CourierNew'"><br /></span></strong></p></span></strong></strong></font></span></span> </div>

L

Leovinus

What may have confused you was the sequence of the Apollo clips. First, they showed the astronauts walking to to the shuttle van. Then they showed the liftoff. Then they showed the footsteps on the moon. Then they showed the LEM in flight *before* it landed. So it was a bit deceptive.<br /><br />If you look again at the shot, you'll see no rocket flame from the bottom of the LEM. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

mcbethcg

"At the end of the episode, Malek gets blasted leaving a nice clean hole through him...... Also, I don't think such a shot would kill instantly unless it went through the heart. "<br /><br />Of course, phasers (whatever the hell they are) knock victims unconscious when they are turned way down to stun.

D

davp99

Well, It Finally Happened...Holy Mary Mother of Jesus and Joseph and Emil....<br /><br />This Weeks Episode, SUCKED Raw Eggs,,,I Never Really cared about the Vulcan's anyways...and it's 3 eps long TA boot...grrrr<br /><br />This Series is Going Down, Down, Down...If this is the Best the Writers can come up with...Fire them & Get some Decent Sci-fi guys... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="4">Dave..</font> </div>

A

airconvent

mm...I do welcome feedback on the series episodes but stay away from those "omigod! Its so bad! bad! bad! I could kill myself" type of reviews". they are too personal extreme to be of use. I have not seen the next one yet, but look forward to viewing it to see why the extreme comments given...<br />there are some good episodes and some bad ones but so far, I have yet to see one TOS, STTNG and Enterprise episode that will elicit such a strong reaction...<br />cheers <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong>To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before...</strong></p><p><strong>Live Long and Prosper</strong></p> </div>

R

rogers_buck

Did they switch nights on UPN or something? I didn't see it Friday night at the usual time...

S

Swampcat

It was on Friday at 8pm EST. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

A

airconvent

finally saw the episode...can't understand what was wrong with it. it was ok. no battle scenes but enough intrigue, action and mystery thrown in. <br />Also revisited the very "mind transfer" process that spock did on star trek 2. another link from the past...cool....<br />either I'm a hardcore ST fan or just easy to satisfy (that's good thing right??! :) ) but the episode was really ok...not the best, but not too bad either... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong>To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before...</strong></p><p><strong>Live Long and Prosper</strong></p> </div>

E

elguapoguano

Two thumbs up for this season of Enterprise. I like how they keep throwing those things in, the mind meld, human/vulcan procreation, Dr Soong when he decides that cybernetics is the way to go. Keep up the good work guys, don't let the naysayers bring you down... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#ff0000"><u><em>Don't let your sig line incite a gay thread ;>)</em></u></font> </div>

B

boudica

I'm just wondering - is there going to be a great upheaval in Vulcan thinking? The Vulcans of this time see mind-melds as an abomination, Spock did them (seemingly) every bloody time you turned around! And with non-humanoid species. I'm also waiting to see Sarek at some point.

M

mooware

I think Sarek was not yet born in this time thread..<br /><br />TPau, the one who was going to marry Spock and his "fiance" was very old in the original episode, she is in this series as a young woman.<br /><br />

L

Leovinus

Sarek lived 1500 years ago Enterprise time. You *won't* be seeing him.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

E

elguapoguano

Uhhh, Sarek was Spock's dad. Your post doesn't make sense. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#ff0000"><u><em>Don't let your sig line incite a gay thread ;>)</em></u></font> </div>

S

Swampcat

I was kinda confused about the reference to Sarek as well so I did a little googling.<br /><br />It turns out that it wasn't Sarek (father of Spock) they were talking about, but Surak -- "the legendary Vulcan logician." <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="3" color="#ff9900"><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>------------------------------------------------------------------- </em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong><em>"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."</em></strong></font></p><p><font size="1" color="#993300"><strong>Thomas Jefferson</strong></font></p></font> </div>

L

Leovinus

Right -- Surak. I got the names mixed up. It was one of those unimaginitive s-k names. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

L

Leovinus

So is this pre-emptive war a protest by the writers against our pre-emptive war against Iraq? I wonder... They mention the Vulcan hawks are throwing around the notion of a fictional Andorian Xindi-type weapon. Sounds a bit like how Bush touted the non-existent Iraqi WMDs as a justification for invasion. This seems like too much of a parallel to ignore. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

E

eric_apollo

Subject: User Name: Mental_Avenger<br /><br />To Whom It May Concern,<br /><br />The above person, user name Mental_Avenger has continued to purposely spread lies and disinformation about the International Space Agency and Mr. Rick Dobson.<br /><br />This person has taken a number of user names on Space.Com and on other Space Message Boards, to spread their lies and disinformation.<br /><br />This person has, and is, working either with, or on the behalf of, some unknown organization or group that has been conducting a focused smear and propaganda campaign now for a number of years against the International Space Agency and Mr. Rick Dobson.<br /><br />This person has been baiting people, and entering posts which the International Space Agency has made, with the "specific purpose" of slandering, causing trouble, and spreading lies & disinformation. And to specifically disrupt and derail these positive posts, and to chase people away. This persons malicious and vindictive actions have been constant and very threatening.<br /><br />We are asking that these slanderous and illegal acts be stopped, and that we obtain the personal information of this person for legal action for criminal defamation of character and slander, and to report this person to Law Enforcement for making terroristic threats against the Chairman & CEO of the International Space Agency, Mr. Rick Dobson. This person "Mental_Avenger" has been making a number of terroristic threats against the Chairman & CEO of the International Space Agency, Mr. Rick Dobson.<br /><br />The International Space Agency or Mr. Dobson has never done anything wrong on Space.Com, and has never been anything less than positive, or has presented anything other than uplifting and factual information to the Space.Com community and posting board.<br /><br />It is criminal to allow this person "Mental_Avenger" to defame, smear, and attack legitimate organizations and people with impunity. This is not a freedom of speech issue, as th

G

grooble

I've seen the episode list of the whole of season 4. There is a Klingon arc comin, but the most interesting is the TCW Arc, which will finally explain the future guy and sullibans from the early seasons.<br /><br />The klingon arc sounds interesting, somethin bout DNA. It might explain why klingons had flat heads in the original series.<br /><br />

Status
Not open for further replies.