Finding the SIV-B stages on the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leovinus

Another thread here discussed going to the moon to take pieces of the Apollo landers. I think finding the points of impact of the SIV-B stages would be much more interesting.<br /><br />1) The man-made crater would be cool to see how deep it went.<br />2) It would be interesting to see how far the debris scattered<br />3) I wonder if there would be any recognizable pieces left.<br /><br />Did NASA track the flight path of the stages well enough to locate the impact sites later? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

L

Leovinus

But you might see sun reflections from many scattered pieces. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

L

Leovinus

Thanks for that link. It reminds me that I need to make a trip to Kansas to visit Odyssey. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

davp99

Also the Upper Stages of the Apollo Lm's.... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="4">Dave..</font> </div>

L

Leovinus

Well since the upper stages are so much smaller and probably hit a lot slower, I figure I'd pursue the SIV-B stages first. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts