From a drop of water....

Page 27 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Atlan, I wish I could understand your posts, for example, the following seems to be in a different language, which I not know:

The superposition 1-d line horizon of the Earth contains all the 2-d surface of the Earth within its 1-d line-circle of horizon. And the superposition 0-d point, observable universe "blue dot" relativity of Earth, contains all but the un-observable dark universe reality of its omni-dimensionality (thus the fact of two worlds . . . minimally two universes, SPACETIME's past (t=+1) and future (t=-1) histories . . . NOT counting the primal Trojan of REALTIME NOW (t=0) (eternal) instant from which all SPACETIME hologram holography springs). This is not speculation but scientific, mathematical, experienced "observable" and "realizable" fact.

I have a very strong scientific background. I left school with 'A' (advanced) and 'S' (scholarship) GCSE levels in Physics, Chemistry, Pure Maths and Applied Maths. I then obtained an honours degree in Chemical Engineering, which included Mechanical and Electrical Engineering elements, as well considerably more higher maths. I have also had a 70 year, or more, interest in astronomy and cosmology. My entire career has been science based, including many patents.

I have tried my hardest to wring out any recognizable (to me) science, sadly without success.
I have repeatedly stated:

At the moment, I cannot imagine any better solution, but, to be scientific about it, I am open to new evidence. But evidence means evidence. Not imaginary speculation, whatever the source.

I have no evidence which I can understand. Therefore, I can see no point in further communication. Anyway, I do wish you all the very best with your ideas.
I deeply regret my lack of understanding. Let us just part on good terms.

With kind regards,

Cat :)

Last edited:
Cat,
It is too bad that you (both you specifically and you in general) cannot see and look into and along more than one spoking line of universe from this point! Particularly, ASYMPTOTIC spoke lines! You essentially said you are a genius, but the only difference I see between us is the difference between a mental leaning to the narrowness of a laser beam (you) and a leaning to the far broader depths of a floodlight (me).

Yes, I to feel bad regarding your lack of understanding. And ditto concerning good terms.
================

================

================

I can't let it go that soon! Yes, it is simply too bad that, after seventy years of pursuing ever widening lines of research, I can look along more than one line of universe at once and you, after eighty in seemingly looking along ever narrowing lines, cannot . . . apparently.

Again, I'm disappointed, which "bitter pill" is not a rarity for me in my own long life. Your track was very successful for you (that is obvious . . . laser beams have their own capabilities) but far too successfully narrowly focused as I see it. I had begun to think better of your width of mind and vision and that thinking has fallen off by the wayside once more.

Last edited:
Atlan, you posted:

I would be very pleased if you can point to this specifically.

I am not the sort of person who makes comments like this.

Please be very specific.

Not a chance! You are a master of (at) indirection, especially linguistic indirection! Being seventy years a student of history and the different people and peoples of history I damn well sense and understand the use and uses of psychology. I admit to being good at reading the person between the lines / behind the lines.

For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.

We look to a black hole's event horizon from the outside of the coin. For every action there an equal but opposite reaction. From the inside of the coin, we look to a white hole Planck / Big Bang Mirror Event Horizon. There is nothing outside but a magnitude greater relative universe . . . nothing inside but a magnitude lesser relative universe . . . and "it is turtles all the way up and down," insisted the old lady in the lecture hall's audience to the university's lecturer on cosmology and physics. It is the "set", and the "reset," to a primal primary base renormalizing all the way up and down the magnitude scale of infinities, the old lady knew in her own way of knowing (sensing) things.

The very well known university professional lecturer could not answer to the old lady's response to his own question of what was underneath and over the original turtle she insisted the universe sat on the back of, but that she could very well be right. All too right!

Last edited:

Catastrophe

Post #655 Not a chance! You are a master of (at) indirection, especially linguistic indirection! Being seventy years a student of history and the different people and peoples of history I damn well sense and understand the use and uses of psychology. I admit to being good at reading the person between the lines / behind the lines.

I could have directed your attention to the fact that search would have given an indication of accuracy of any such statement, but I am sure that you are well aware of that. Instead, I was interested to know just how you would try to justify it.
Of course, you still have the opportunity to do so. ;)

CM and Gib,
Time, regarding Einstein's observer, thus SPACETIME, only ties to space as a matter of history . . . thus is nothing more than sequenced photo-history at a distance! in SPACETIME (photo-frames born upon light after some time passage). Making it a fourth dimension of space gives it a quality of space that doesn't exist since SPACETIME is only a record of an event instant and is no part of any object physicality in [spontaneous REALTIME NOW instant] that has rocketed in passing beyond SPACETIME photo-frames event record keeping. That Schrodinger cat is visibly past history and another is still invisibly alive?! Possibly alive! and/or possibly dead (passed away)!

Last edited:
More grist for the meal, though I must make the disclaimer that I don't usually agree with what it has say in the totality of what is presented. It approaches my points, though! It has points close enough that I offer it up:

Where is the beginning and end of time. They are in the trunk of the tree, the midpoint of branching, the "spontaneous entangling concurrent (t=0) REALTIME NOW (t=0) instant." The perfect ending in endless beginning! How does that work? you might ask.

Self-similarities...!

------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Boomerang: An act that backfires on its originator!

Last edited:

Catastrophe

Time will end, effectively, if or when there is no longer any sentient being in existence able to perceive it.

Since, as I have shown, independent observable universes may exist, depending on the existence of D+ entities, there (have been)(will be) a corresponding number of such observable universes.

Addendum:
If anyone wishes to waste away their life, they can argue (preferably with themselves) whether anything can be observed if there is no observer able to observe it.
Or, to put it another way, can anything (be proved to) exist, if there is no observer able to observe it.

Catastrophe

I think we can depend on there always being an observer around to observe:

Energy = Heat = Animation = Life Force = Life = Observer!

I think we can depend on there always being an observer around to observe:

That is, of course, a matter of opinion.

There are many suggestions about the end of the Universe (or summation of observable universes).

That is, of course, a matter of opinion.

There are many suggestions about the end of the Universe (or summation of observable universes).
I am right in my definitions (to my satisfaction)! It is up to you to prove them and me wrong, Cat! As you demand proofs so often, I want, I demand, your 'proof' that I am wrong!

No opinion or someone else's definitions to their own satisfaction, Cat! Proof!

Last edited:

Catastrophe

My answer is very simple.

Tell us one single theory (and I mean theory, not wild imagination) that suggests that mankind will last more than a trillion years?

Some might say that mankind may be extinct within a year.

There are plenty more like the following:

For How Long Will Life Be Possible In The Universe? | Ruth Dillon-Mansfield (ruth-dm.co.uk)

In about 100 trillion years, the last light will go out. The bad news is that the universe is going to die a slow, aching, miserable death. The good news is that we won't be around to see it.7 Mar 2023

This Is How the Universe Will End - Popular Mechanics

Those are my last words on the subject.

Have a nice life. Goodbye.

Last edited:
Your last words on the subject (thank goodness), maybe, but not mine! 100 trillion years ago a man somewhere on an Earth-like planet said that in a 100 trillion years the last light will go out in the universe. It did go out! But its replacement universes for it have been progressively borning throughout the last 100-trillion years (as they have for the 100-trillion, trillion, trillion... into infinity, years before that last 100-trillion) and will go on birthing replacements, spontaneously from instant to instant (from eternity to eternity, [in] instant to instant)!

I'm not that much younger than you, Cat, but (meant very much in general) I'm not a sad old figure of a man . . . thanks very much to my wonderful wife (of 56+ years), our children, our grandchildren, our great-grandchildren, and the rest of a great family I've been blessed with and love (I used "my" rather than "our" and thank goodness! she didn't see it). I have the history studied realization and sense of vision; I can visualize; I can and will fight to the end of my own life -- in this life, that is -- for their Frontier Universe (U) and their frontier universes (u), just as I fight for their possibility of breakout birth from the womb of this closing systemic Earth (Stephen Hawking giving Mankind at most 1,000 years until extinction if there is no breakout birth out) into the next frontier universe.... inclusive of a next frontier Earth base as very much an Old World / New World part of that New World frontier!
---------------------------

"Aim at Heaven (the heavens) and you get the Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you get neither." -- C. S. Lewis (parenthetic my add-on).

Last edited:
"Brevity may be the soul of wit but repetition is the heart of instruction." -- Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

There is a split screen between the superposition "Universe (U)" and the continuously extending infinity of "universe(s) (u)", and, there is always going to be the reality of a split screen entity and picture. Just about everyone on both sides of the issue of whether "BBT" or "Infinity" flat refuse to see the fact of "superposition" split screen of exactly the same thing represented in Horizon and, at once, horizons two vastly different ways!

I'm one of the few, the very, very few, who realize it is both ways . . . having always been . . . and always will be . . . in a superposition split screen "continuum" combine produced of the dark energy infinity accelerating in expansion to itself ('Infinity'), and, at once, closing up to a "collapsed cosmological constant (/\)" in Planck (Big Bang) 'Mirror Event Horizon'! The necessary two halves -- mutually supporting eternity to eternity in instant to instant -- of an eternally self perpetuating "continuum combine"!

Last edited:
I was reading another article out on the possibility of tachyons existing as relating to the special theory of relativity.

Anything traveling through a nearly line-straight wormhole tunnel, warping space at warp speed, jumping hyperspace, an object and event occupying a different portion of magnitudinous self-similar fractal zooms gravitational universe structure, would be a thing (a tachyon) of the tachyon universe to an Einsteinian observer standing by a railroad track on 'our' Earth.

And to any tachyon observer, he would NOT be the tachyon in the tachyon universe! The Einsteinian observer, our Earth, our observable universes from our local-relative positions in it, would be tachyons in the tachyon universe until a border-line event horizon was passed between local-relativities (between universes).

Last edited:
Once more continuing into the breach:

My modeling, picturing, continues to work so well for me now, I have to continue working with it . . . meaning, using it!

Last edited:
Albert Einstein said, "It takes three dimensions to describe a point!" He was missing the 'point' of cosmological and quantum "entanglements" (unaware of the meaning, and possibly even the existence, of "superposition" and "entanglement" at the time):

Tesseract:

Particularly this 'point' of entanglement (if you know for certain the velocity you cannot know for certain position! If you know for certain position you cannot know for certain velocity):

A few more for good measure:

Einstein's observer is at one of these outside points, the observable imaged traveler the center point (1/2), and the invisible un-observable traveler traveling light's coordinate point SPACETIME's past-future histories' invisible un-observable universe, the other two points of a 4-point triangulation of points:

Just in case you still don't see the 'point' of entanglement and triangulation of points:

In recession away, one color the visible observable traveler, the other color the invisible un-observable traveler . . . both travelers the same traveler (in oncoming, reverse the direction of arrows, to the vertex). The visible observable traveler in the Einsteinian observer's observable universe, in receding away, will observably slowly, or swiftly, fall behind in space and time of the invisible un-observable traveler in light's coordinate point past-future histories SPACETIME! Only to reverse the process in oncoming). The warning label and message at the bottom of most modern automobile rearview mirrors (object reality is always asymptotically ahead of, out front of, in the future of, what you observe per the speed of light . . . whether in going away or in oncoming) will tell you the same thing I just told you above.

Last edited:
Ad#672, repeating herein this illustrative post the 3-dimenional universe as expanding in all 2-dimensional surface area without possessing any volume:

====================

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pj8_zjelDo

====================

Remembering always that I'm dealing in the Flatland universe herein, I can't provide a pointer to the best video (the above is good but this is the best I've found) of the above (it is unavailable for pointing to) . . . so I have to provide a search reference to or on You Tube:

Mathematical Impressions: The surprising Menger Sponge Slice

Last edited:
Woke up this morning realizing I had written something elsewhere so important to this thread and it wasn't here (so it is now):

Distance isn't an absolute. If it were, there would be no motion in the universe. As soon as anything goes in motion it begins shortcutting distances. Distance expands and contracts.

The speed of light is independent of all velocity in that it is counterintuitively fixed positional ("superposition" center of the universe (c='1' | t=0)) to all velocity in the universe.

"From one, many!" But the one remains!
"From many, one!" But the many remain!

Last edited:

Latest posts