From the vault: Greatest American Hero marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

William Katt, Connie Selleca and Robert Culp

20 hours July 4th on SYFY running 9AM - 5AM ET

Katt played Ralph Hinkley, an LA high school teacher who encounters extra-terrestrials while on a field trip in the desert. The aliens give him a red flying suit with unknown powers - and unfortunately Ralph loses the instruction book.

Culp plays a neurotic FBI agent who persuades Ralph to use his new powers to fight crime. Selleca is Ralph's girlfriend, an attorney.

greatest2a.jpg

J

JeffreyNYA

I have been meaning to watch that again on netflix. I can only remember small bits and peices of it. Was a fun show though.

J

jim48

ABC should have given that show at least another season. Robert Culp was funny as hell on that. I think he wrote a couple of episodes as well.

A

a_lost_packet_

I loved that show!

Now, THIS is the kind of thing SyFy should do more often! A great show, very entertaining and certainly not "dark" as all the rest of the "But, I don't wanna be a hero!" accidental hero shoes have been... Not that I can remember many of them..

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to watch it. :( But, I'll happily reminisce while the rest of you do!

However, you can get 41 streaming episodes on Hulu for free!

Hulu - The Greatest American Hero

Enjoy!

D

doublehelix

I loved that show! Will have to check out the Hulu episodes - thanks, alp!

-dh

A

a_lost_packet_

doublehelix":8jpgq32h said:
I loved that show! Will have to check out the Hulu episodes - thanks, alp!

-dh

You're welcome! Don't hog the popcorn; Scoot over, I'm going to watch a couple of episodes too! :)

J

jim48

As I recall that was what they used to call a "spring try-out" show, as opposed to a mid-season replacement, meaning rather than debuting in January it came on in March. March, 1981, if my memory serves, is when Hero debuted on ABC. That was also when President Reagan was shot by John Hinkley. The William Katt character was also surnamed Hinkley. ABC quickly ordered his surname changed. The Greatest American Hero was from the Stephen J. Cannell factory, which included The Rockford Files, Baretta, Baa, Baa, Blacksheep and later many more. Hero was part of a three series deal he'd signed with ABC. I still say that show should have had at least another season.

S

SteveCNC

I loved that show , the only place I know to watch it is Hulu.com

Episode 1

The Sci-fi show I want to see again is "It's about time" but it was short lived and a bit earlier .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts