gaint flash in the west indies on november 15 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lookingforclues

anyone that could help me on this it would be great, last week i was in the west indies, st. marteen in simpons bay on my boat a few freinds and i were watching the sky and few shooting stars but at about 1 or so there was a flash just like a camera flash and we looked up and we saw this blue streek in the night sky and this was on the 15 i beleive, any one have any idea what is was becasue it lit up the area surronding us like a massive explosoin??<br />

C

CalliArcale

I have to agree with the bolide hypothesis. I was lucky enough to see a small one during the Geminids a few years ago, while visiting my inlaws on their farm. The description sounds exactly right.<br /><br />An iridium flare is possible, but I don't think they tend to streak as much as bolides do.<br /><br />Some bolides are even more dramatic -- sometimes they're even audible. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.