Great You tube video of Lockheed Constellation flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdewoody

Well......did anyone watch at least part of the video? I know it is 48 minutes long but I found it fascinating to watch a video from the 1950's about flying.

S

steve82

A little corney but I love it. The only other place I ever saw this one was on an obscure local UHF station late at night. It would have been a great Mystery Science Theater send-off. I liked the Chesterfield plug and that brief deer-caught-in-the-headlights look on the Captain when he walks out into the aisle. I think Godfrey later lost a lung to cancer. It's great seeing those old Constellations.
When I was a lad back in '67 or so, my parents took me down to Kansas City where we visited some friends of theirs. One of the neighbors was an engineer with TWA and he took us boys out to their maintenance center to show as all the cool airplane stuff. We went out and sat in the cocklpit of a brand new 707 cockpit-still had the new plane smell and the plastic covers on the seats. Then he took us to an area off to the side with a long row of Connies parked, TWA was going all-jet and the constellations were sort of sad looking-many with missing engines and heavy concrete weights cabled to the nose wheel to hold them down. Those old turbo-compound engines remind you of why they had flight engineers on those planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts