Has anyone heard anything about a new Star Trek movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bflix

I hadn't heard a single thing about a new Star Trek movie. Then I was browsing online and came across this interview with William Shatner. Does anyone else know anything about it? I love Star Trek and JJ Abrams. Sounds promising so far.<br /><br />3) Any news on the upcoming Star Trek movie with J.J. Abrams? <br /><br />"I met with Mr. Abrams, and they have a really good plot going. [They’re] trying to fit in Mr. Spock and Captain Kirk -- the elderly ones. How you get a dead captain to communicate with [his] younger [self]? That’s going to be very arduous plotting. I’m going to be interested to see how they solve it." - from http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/2006/11/meevee_exclusiv_2.html#more<br /><br />Any info would be appreciated.

E

enigma10

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000638/<br /><br /> Don't know, but this web site lists a few movies hes going to be in. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"<font color="#333399">An organism at war with itself is a doomed organism." - Carl Sagan</font></em> </div>

B

baktothemoon

I heard a few rumors drifting around the star trek wiki: Supposably Star Trek XI was going to be made around the premise of the Earth-Romulan war, which was mentioned in the original series during the episode where they encounter the Romulans again after 100 years. But the project got stalled after Enterprise went down the drain and now I don't know what the deal is. <br /><br />http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek_XI

J

jmilsom

There was an earlier thread discussing this, which alluded to Ta-mu Ker-ru-su (Tom Cruise) being cast in the film. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

L

lsbd

All I know is: If Tom KooKooKruise is in it....it's gonna suck arse.

D

dragon04

<font color="yellow">which was mentioned in the original series during the episode where they encounter the Romulans again after 100 years.</font><br /><br />One of my favorite episodes. <i>Balance of Terror</i> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"2012.. Year of the Dragon!! Get on the Dragon Wagon!".</em> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

Looks like the two mentioned in imdb are a video game and a documentary. I don't think they're feature films. I might be mistaken though. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

W

willpittenger

Given the demise of ENT and the relative failure of ST10, perhaps the producers should use an existing cast only to intro a new cast. Like how the <i>Vanguard</i> series of ST books used the TOS crew to introduce the series. That would let the budget be built around the best possible special effects. Budget (and the cost of ST8's fight scene on the main deflector) drove the design of part of the NCC-1701E's hull. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

T

thebigcat

Considering that it's been what, 18 years since the debut of TNG. That's a long time to keep recycling the same crew for a ship. You'd think one of those ensigns would be an fleet admiral by now. Yet, in ST:X there was Picard still in command of the Enterprize E.<br /><br />I honest think that J.J. Abrams might be able to do a good job on a new Star Trek movie. So long as Tom Cruise isn't anywhere near the set, anyway. The last thing we need is to see the same aloof jerk that TC plays in <i>every single role</i> sitting in the command chair of a starship. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vogon13

I am anticipating Tom will be assimilated by a large, enraged placenta.<br /><br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

T

thebigcat

ZeroGeezus:<i>What would happen if the Borg assimilate Scientology and incorporate it into the Collective? </i><br /><br />Poor people would never need fear assimilation again. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

U

uberjosh

Aren't they meant to be making a film with Voyager in it? It would have to be another film with a Temperal Flux if they were as Voyager is a museum at the end of Season 7. :S.<br />-Josh

W

willpittenger

Where does it get put into a museum? An Intrepid class ship would still be very useful -- especially with all the modifications made in the Delta Quadrant. Besides, there are Voyager books set after Season 7. Not sure if Voyager herself made the cut, but Chakotay is a captain and Paris got a promotion. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

H

hracctsold

Was searching a site that specfiction suggested in another thread, and found a reference to the new ST XI movie. It is slated to be released in '08 or maybe '09 at this date.<br /><br />It is to be about a young Kirk and Spock I think, but most interesting is Matt Damon as Kirk. The site also put Ben Afleck as Spock, which I guess I can see. Will try to go back to that site and gather that info. But I think Matt would not be bad as a Kirk. Any one but "that guy" that jumps on couchs if you wouldn't mind. <br />That site address is,<br />http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/preview/1809752800

W

willpittenger

Such a movie might need a tie-in to the existing Kirk and Spock. My suggestion would set a scene a few days before Kirk's appearant death aboard NCC-1701B. They start remembering events from when they were younger and discussing them. With just 10 minutes of screen time from the older actors, you could set the scenes with the younger actors up nicely. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts