Help finding a particular Sci-Fi book

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dinah

Several years ago I read a book and would like to find it again. I have no idea of the title or author. The subject was a young lady (possibly not fully human) on the verge of womanhood. Her entire species has been wiped out except her and her protector (of another species not fully human) They each wear a complicated earring that we later find out meshes (similar to those Best Friend Forever lockets). They are on a journey and come across this snake that is always complaining of being cold. At the end of the story, there is a huge explosion and they think the snake is killed but come to find out, the snake says something like "I'm finally warm". The snake absorbed most of the heat from the explosion and saved the day. We also later find out that the man and woman are supposed to mate and their respective species have had a symbiotic relationship for ages. I was young when I read this and I don't even know if it was a good book but it stuck in my head and I would like to find out more about it. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks,
Dinah

M

MeteorWayne

Welcome to Space.com, Dinah.

Doesn't ring a bell with me, but sounds interesting!

S

StarRider1701

Doesn't ring a bell with me either. You might consider checking out several used bookstores. Do you think you might recognize it if you saw it again? Also ask at the counter of the used bookstores, someone might remember it.
Good luck and welcome to SDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.