Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Hello
Five minutes ago I was staring at the stars with some binoculars and saw what I thought it was a meteorite, but it continued going down the galaxy untill I lost it. It took about 30 seconds to go from my 90º top vertical vision to a 0º horizontal (I was laying on the ground, looking up).
What intrtigues me the most is that I couldn't see no lights/ blinks and it was going in a straight line.
¿Is it possible for the object to have been a kind of satelite going full throttle or other space object?

Reactions: IG2007
Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
So, you mean that it went direct vertically down? If so, then it is not possible for any meteorite or any falling satellite to go like that!

Yes! It went all the way vertically down with same speed and direction. Radiated the same light as a bright star so I could see it clearly. No changes in light strength.

IG2007

"Don't criticize what you can't understand..."
Yes! It went all the way vertically down with same speed and direction. Radiated the same light as a bright star so I could see it clearly. No changes in light strength.
This is not possible! Even if a satellite falls, it doesn't falls straight as far as I know. Even if a meteorite falls, it doesn't fall vertically as far as I know. It is impossible!

I saw something strange this morning, but it was when i was shaving :)

Maybe you saw a small metal meteorite on a near direct collision with earth.
Pretty rare for one to come down vertically direct through the atmosphere but quite possible. Every angle possible of entry will eventually happen given enough time.
I think if meteorite it would have to be metal or the trail you describe would simply stop as it explodes.

Last edited:

IG2007

I saw something strange this morning, but it was when i was shaving :)

Maybe you saw a small metal meteorite on a near direct collision with earth.
Pretty rare for one to come down vertically direct through the atmosphere but quite possible. Every angle possible of entry will eventually happen given enough time.
I think if meteorite it would have to be metal or the trail you describe would simply stop as it explodes.
Wait, no. No, a meteorite doesn't fall directly vertically.

Details are important for such a mystery....

Five minutes ago I was staring at the stars with some binoculars and saw what I thought it was a meteorite [meteor], but it continued going down the galaxy ....
[my bold] What do you mean "going down the galaxy"? Was the Milky Way appearing vertically aligned with your horizon?

It took about 30 seconds
Are you sure? That's a vey long time for any meteor. Bolides and satellite's augering-in, maybe.

...to go from my 90º top vertical vision to a 0º horizontal (I was laying on the ground, looking up).
It had to be a little off from 90 deg. (overhead) else it should have broke your binoculars. ;) You say it went straight down to the horizon, so were you sitting up by then in order to see the horizon? Are there trees or hills that limit your view of the actual horizon?

BTW, how did you put your degree symbol in superscript?

Wait, no. No, a meteorite doesn't fall directly vertically.
Every entry angle possible for a meteorite so sooner or later one does.
Would have to be a rare beast though to be made of metal and fall direct down through the atmosphere.
Even that would have it share of bursts as any part not metal would explode and even jagged parts of metal would burst away.

IG2007

Every entry angle possible for a meteorite so sooner or later one does.
Would have to be a rare beast though to be made of metal and fall direct down through the atmosphere.
Even that would have it share of bursts as any part not metal would explode and even jagged parts of metal would burst away.
It is not possible for a meteorite or a satellite to just vertically fall. Meteorites and satellites have a curved orbit, and that is the reason it is quite impossible for them to fall perfectly vertically.

Reactions: dfjchem721
It is not possible for a meteorite or a satellite to just vertically fall. Meteorites and satellites have a curved orbit, and that is the reason it is quite impossible for them to fall perfectly vertically.
If they get a gravity tug from earth they have some format of angle. They can also be direct line also, a direct gravity tug on an object in a direct line.
Probably 1 in a million line up with earth gravity tug, atmosphere and entry angle.
And then it need to be pretty much a ball of metal to endure the entry.
I would put it on the probably wasn't this since it's a pretty rare possibility.

A sat or part of will always fall at some angle and burn up fast.

Dec 10, 2020
Visit site
I saw something that looked like how this sounds during the day. I have a clear picture. Nobody can answer what it is so far..i dont kno how to attach the pic to this thread to see if we saw the same thing

Latest posts