If we found an uninhabited planet just like Earth.

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vividasday

Chemical - If any planet were to survive - one would guuess - physics.
:ugeek:

S

Stargazerix

If we ever find out one uninhabited planet just like Earth close enough to us what shall we do?
We shall construct good enough space ship for crew of 20 or 50 people provide modular elements for one base
equiped with all what can be necessary and we shall setlle that world ofcourse.Later we shall construct passanger
space ships and we shall inhabit that world.It suppose to go like this.The Earth is just one island of the life in the space.
We must conquist our solar system and go further.That is our destiny,written in our genes.

A

Antwerpo

That would be the start to Star Wars! China and the west would be competing to get there first. In order to make sure the other side doesn't reach it first the annihilation of the other side would be the first task.

In the meanwhile I would improve my secret stargate and claim the planet for myself

E

exokid2010

let it be very clear from my point of view,if there is a really planet like earth,then obviously there is an activity of organisms,so uninhabited planet is impossible.if there is a planet like earth then we have our neighbours,they may look just like us or they may be diffrent

B

bdewoody

A planet just like earth ( I guess meaning having similar temperature ranges) would also have to be orbiting a star close in size and output to our sun. And there aren't any very close to us. So until or unless we perfect a means of transportation that bypasses normal physics it will remain uninhabited by humans.

E

eburacum45

A planet just like Earth (with the same mass and same composition) but without photosynthetic life would have an atmosphere consisting of nitrogen, carbon dioxide and water vapour. The increased level of carbon dioxide, which is a greenhouse gas, would make the planet warmer; Lifeless Earth II would be entirely uninhabitable, although it might be possible to terraform it.

A planet just like Earth (with the same mass and same composition) but with alien photosynthetic life would have an entirely unknown ecology full of possible pathogens and allergenic compounds; the alien life-forms are very likely to be either poisonous or unpalatable. Life-bearing Earth II would be a potentially dangerous place to colonise, although it may be possible to adapt either the planet or the colonists to one another with some difficulty.

D

dryson

That would be the start to Star Wars! China and the west would be competing to get there first. In order to make sure the other side doesn't reach it first the annihilation of the other side would be the first task.

In the meanwhile I would improve my secret stargate and claim the planet for myself

Not at first there wouldn't be a war. Both sides would most likely corporate for the best possible outcome in getting to the planet. Once the first voyage returned and ships begin to leave Earth to settle the new planet is when the war would begin, if any war were to happen at all. The only way that a war would begin is if the greedful corporation's associated with religion such as T.V. Evanglical's decided that they wanted the planet all to theirself so their belief's were the accepted reality of the planet then the Chinese would most likely be attacked enroute citing "natural" causes such as a machine failure or spacial phenom's destroying the transport ships. The Chinese might try the same thing citing that the reason for the loss of the Americans transports was because their God(s) didn't want them leaving Earth in first place so Karma was sent into the void to exact the Earthen Gods revenge on the Exodusing humans.

I think that neither side would attack each other. The first humans sent to the new planet would not be the rowdy bar crowd but would be scientist's and intellectual's who would prepare the new arrivals on the planet with what they would expect.

I think that the very notion of setting foot on a virgin planet capable of supporting human life would overcome the cave man attitude of knock your competitor's woman on the head take his wrap and cave and leave him to the wilds of the planet.

S

spacetrologymaster

hey now that is strange u know :!: but still there were lately planets like gliese 581 g which could be a future planet anyways have a good day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts