Images of Mars

Page 15 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thechemist

Thanks for the wonderful images swampcat and rlb2 !<br /><br />rlb2: Is it a small crater pictured in your 2P147851686EFFL5M1 <br /> image above ? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>I feel better than James Brown.</em> </div>

R

rlb2

It does look like an impact crater when you enlarge it, it could have been also from other types of <br />erosion. Look at the flatten weathered looking rocks on a slope lined up at the foreground part <br />of the rim, it looks like there were some type of erosion that made that.<br /><br />Here is a close-up <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P147583171EFF7L7M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

N

newtonian

rib2 - Awesome! Not very inviting, though.<br /><br />Which image is your favorite?<br /><br />Or the top 5 or 10?

R

rlb2

<font color="orange">Which image is your favorite?<font color="white"><br /><br />The ones that I never saw before.<br /><br />Thanks. Here are a couple from Opportunity<br /><br />1P147891781ESFL4M1.5</font></font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P149219773ESFL4M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

C

centsworth_II

Hey rlb2, <br /><br />There's a skull (minus lower jaw) in the lower left corner of <br />one of your recently posted images (2P147764245EFFL7M1). <br />Just thought you'd like to know. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

silylene old

centsworth: for a little fun, in the same photo with the "skull" you mentioned, did you notice that the rock in top center looks like a beaked bird's head (eagle skull) ? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

R

rlb2

The Fossil Hunt never stopped. At first I used it as a joke when I was the first at SPC to suggest <br />a fossil hunt after Sprit landed, then as I gathered more and more images it definitely looked like <br />something to check into. Although there is a very low probability that what I am seeing may be <br />some kind of fossilized rocks I have an archive of fossilize looking rocks just waiting for the <br />right moment to publish them. Remember the last time I tried to do that, right after Spirit landed <br />and the uproar over it. We will all have to wait to see all the information that comes back<br />in from spirit and Opportunity's scientific results. Sometimes this takes years after the mission is <br />over, I am prepared to wait.<br /><br />At least the water debate may be close to being settled. I wonder what people think <br />now that they confirmed that there were large lakes of water and possible oceans on the <br />surface of Mars at one time. <br /><br />Are you talking about this image below from two different color image angles.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Are you talking about this. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P147268513ESFL7M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P147446657ESFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P146778797EFFL7M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P146778797EFFL7M1.5 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>