Images of Mars

Page 16 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rlb2

2P146880829EFFL7M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Here is a little break from the other stuff. In this picture you can see spirits rover tracks. I had to<br /> rotate it 45 degrees to get to-size image to post. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

In the same image you can see something tall on the other side of the crater. I enlarged this view<br />Bottom left corner is the Spirit rover. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

More of the same, looks like discarded trash. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Here is a different image of which JPL claims they can see much better with MOC than before <br />even boulders 1 meter in diameter.<br /><br /><font color="orange">NASA's Mars Global Surveyor, starting its third mission extension this week after seven <br />years of orbiting Mars, is using an innovative technique to capture pictures even sharper than <br />most of the more than 170,000 it has already produced. <br /><br />One dramatic example from the spacecraft's Mars Orbiter Camera shows wheel tracks of <br />NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Spirit and the rover itself. Another tells scientists that no <br />boulders bigger than about 1 to 2 meters (3 to 7 feet) are exposed in giant ripples created <br />by a catastrophic flood.<br /><br />http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2004-238<br /></font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

<br />Another one of the above large image frame.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Here is the last one of the MOC's new improved image taken from the link provided above. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P146650396EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P147891781ESFL4M1.55 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

sol 261 Spirit<br /><br />2P147764825EFFL7M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P147764825EFFL7M1.5 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P147765202EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Post deleted by rlb2 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P147765202EFFL5M1.555 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Opportunity<br /><br />1P146559603EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P146650847EFF35BL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P147714423EFF35BMPL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P148063950EFFL4M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P148063950EFFL4M1.5 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

S

spacechump

Finally I'm back for good! I'm in California and finally have permanent internet access. Thanks for countinuing to post rlb2. I've been on sporadically so I've seen your work. Hopefully I can start to contribute again.

R

rlb2

Welcome back. I might be moving to Arizona soon so I will probably be in the same fix. I go through <br />and process all the raw images that are filtered now and as soon as I do, I post some of them <br />here, I kind of flood the place ever once in a while.<br /><br />Its good the have you back. <br /><br />Here a couple more Spirit I haven't posted yet.<br /><br />2P147583260EFFL5M1<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P147583381EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P147586207EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P149535664EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS