Images of Mars

Page 19 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rlb2

2P147944951EFFL2M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

On the Hill <br /><br />2P147943806ESFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P149890281ESFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

A

abq_farside

RE: 2P147944951EFFL2M1<br /><br />I know its not, but the scratches (abrasion?) remind me of images I have seen of what happens when a glacier retreats. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em><font size="1" color="#000080">Don't let who you are keep you from becoming who you want to be!</font></em></p> </div>

R

rlb2

Good observation.<br /><br />I was thinking of what made that depression with the freshly looking apperance of an alluvial flow, thinking it might have been an ice shelf with water ice under pressure below the ice sheet. It didn't occur to me at the time of a receding glacier. I think that may be the most logical explanation so far. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P150254960EFFL4M1.T <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P150254960EFFL4M1.B <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Enlarged part of the above image.<br /><br />2P150254960EFFL4M1.B2 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P150334535EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

2P150335818EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

Oppy's Great Pumpkin.<br /><br />1P150376510EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P150295389EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P150199290EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P150200118EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P150201221EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P150202318EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

1P150202598EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

R

rlb2

I modified my web sit to get some old stuff off of it and to add some new stuff, still have some more<br /> to remove. To see some very interesting rocks go to (New)Spirits First 30 Sols part at <br /><br />http://arrow-space-innovations.com/_wsn/page5.html<br /><br /><br />1P150202852EFFL5M1 <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

S

spacechump

And from the other side of the world...Wopmay in its full approximate color glory.<br />

S

spacechump

Here is Escher. A JPL spotlight but this time in approximate color; not false color.

Y

yurkin

The thing I like about Oppy’s pictures is they look like Mars.<br />I mean they look like how I would expect mars to look.<br />

T

thechemist

Here is an RGB L456 composite from Oppy Sol 28. I have used the MIPLRAD Radiometrically-corrected RDRs calibrated to <br />absolute radiance units, and linearized PanCam filter images available at the MER's Analyst Notebook .<br />These MRL images should better approximate colors on Mars. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>I feel better than James Brown.</em> </div>

T

thechemist

And this is the same RGB composite L456 image using the PanCam images posted at the JPL site for comparison. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>I feel better than James Brown.</em> </div>

R

rlb2

<font color="orange">The thing I like about Oppy’s pictures is they look like Mars. <br />I mean they look like how I would expect mars to look.<br /><br /><font color="white">Oppys setting is sure different than Spirits.<br /><br /> 2P145360200EFFL5M1<br /></font></font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> Ron Bennett </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts