Question Infinity or not infinity that is the question.

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Man has always thought in general that the Earth is the center.
Then we started looking beyond and thought that the Milkyway was the universe.
Now we know that as far as we can see 13.4 billion light years there are billions of galaxies.

I would stick with infinity and beyond.

There are discussions to and for.

[Submitted on 6 Sep 2023]

A small Universe​

Jean-Luc Lehners, Jerome Quintin
Many cosmological models assume or imply that the total size of the universe is very large, perhaps even infinite. Here we argue instead that the universe might be comparatively small, in fact not much larger than the currently observed size. A concrete implementation of this idea is provided by the no-boundary proposal, in combination with a plateau-shaped inflationary potential. In this model, opposing effects of the weighting of the wave function and of the criterion of allowability of the geometries conspire to favour small universes. We point out that a small size of the universe also fits well with swampland conjectures, and we comment on the relation with the dark dimension scenario.

Yet another approach to infinity.

[Submitted on 7 Jan 2023 (v1), last revised 1 Aug 2023 (this version, v3)]

SU(∞) Quantum Gravity: Emergence of Gravity in an Infinitely Divisible Quantum Universe​

Houri Ziaeepour
SU(∞)-QGR is a foundationally quantum approach to gravity. It assumes that Hilbert spaces of the Universe as a whole and its subsystems represent the symmetry group SU(∞). The Universe is divided to infinite number of subsystems based on an arbitrary finite rank symmetry group G, which arises due to quantum fluctuations and clustering of states. After selection of two arbitrary subsystems as clock and reference observer, subsystems acquire a relative dynamics, and gravity emerges as a SU(∞) Yang-Mills quantum field theory, defined on the (3+1)-dimensional parameter space of the Hilbert spaces of subsystems. As a Yang-Mills model SU(∞)-QGR is renormalizable and despite prediction of a spin-1 field for gravity at quantum level, when QGR effects are not detectable, it is perceived similar to Einstein gravity. The aim of present work is to study the foundation of SU(∞)-QGR in more details and to fill the gaps in its construction and properties. In particular, we show that the global SU(∞) symmetry manifests itself through the entanglement of every subsystem with the rest of the Universe. Moreover, we demonstrate irrelevance of the geometry of parameter space and prove that up to an irrelevant constant it can be gauged out. Consequently, \sqgr~deviates from gauge-gravity duality models, because the perceived classical spacetime is neither quantized, nor considered to be non-commutative. In fact, using quantum uncertainty relations, we demonstrate that the classical spacetime and its perceived geometry present the average path of the ensemble of quantum states of subsystems in their parameter space. In this way SU(∞)-QGR explains both dimension and signature of the classical spacetime. We briefly discuss SU(∞)-QGR specific models for dark energy.

"A universe of constant fractal resetting to set!" Aka, the constant of "conservation of mass and energy." Spread the wealth over infinities, so to speak, never forgetting the "set" though. The life force cell of universe ('1' (unity)) that concentrates and builds its mass and energy up, divides into two or more . . . or infinity (infinities). Division / fission ('0' (null unity (the out-branching Tree))) will always have its equal but opposite portion to Unity / fusion, even if, when and where, it will rip it out of the guts of unity / fusion ('1' (unity (the enclosing monolithic of Utopia, er, universe))). Fundamental binary base2 (fbb2 '0' (null unity (infinite 0) and/or '1' (unity (finite 1) . . . and parity (+/-)) ....

Last edited:
The Deeper we go into space the more we find.
Does not matter, whatever direction we look.

How many superclusters exist. Years gone by
The Milky way was it.
Then the local group of galaxies over 200 galaxies.

Now supe clusters range into millions.
The Largest Cluster, Hercules-Corona Borealis Great wall. Spends over 10 billion light years.

The limit is man's ability to look further.

For now, infinity looks good.

Sep 27, 2023
Visit site
Infinity or not infinity that is the question.

Universe itself is infinite.

All matter in the universe is and always will be.

Since we cannot create matter or energy from nothing.

We cannot destroy matter or energy.

Every object out there regardless of its size has a finite body.

So, objects cannot have an infinite body.

What happens to all bodies in an infinite universe?

They cannot hide or pretend to be Dark matter/energy.

So, we research and study applying whatever science we have at hand to explain the transformation from one phase to another.

This leads to various theories, some scientific and many based on opinions.

When we observe images out there and beyond, we notice clustering.

But! we expected expansion.

What is actually going on?
You seem to me to be almost there. Faith systems believe in stuff/things that can't be seen, measured, timed, and have no beginning nor end. I agree that that's possible, but that should not posit a ghostly being, but the foundation and very essence of the cosmos. I find it almost impossible to believe that some of the best minds still allow for creation and destruction.
Trouble is we still cannot see, measure or time anything except from our perspective, so we are still Copernican or Galileon. (I'm not smart enough to understand the Einsteins, Hawkins, Cox's of cosmology, but really see much of their work as self-limiting, still wanting to measure and time stuff (why, I don't know), when the cosmos will never submit to that but just keep banging around forming and reforming for ever in infinity, knowing no edges or borders). Do we really think all this stuff started just 13 or 15 billion years ago? Time is a perception construct, as is all measurement. There was no start date and there will be no end date of this cosmos. Only our primitive and simple earthly perceptions tell us differently.
One cosmos, masses of universes, perhaps, but numbers are not sufficient to describe......

An infinity of exact duplicates (there would be many different exact duplicate universes among an infinity of universes) in fact mirror and thus total just one non-duplicate universe both countlessly infinite (mirroring to infinity) and countably finite (one).

The Infinite MULTIVERSE Universe is the "set" of all universes, duplicate and non-duplicate, and even if perchance itself infinitely duplicated in the Mirror, it would countably total just one non-duplicate, thus an infinitely finite number among so many infinitely finite numbers.

Our imagination can create whatever we want.

We need to respect all, and that's OK.

We can see Deep field about 28 Billion light years, as per the new JW telescope.

So if we can see billions of galaxies that far away.

Do your maths as to the probably of an age to the Universe.

Is the universe expanding?

Or its just doing its thing?

The universe is only one, space been infinite.
We know that matter cannot be created or destroyed.
We know that matter can be compacted.
We know that matter can change from normal matter to Neutron matter to quark matter, so forth.
We know that energy can reform to matter.

We need to understand how matter changes from one phase to another.

The cyclic process is responsible for Sun's long jeopardy.

So! in one Space Universe we can look at the expansion and contraction of its parts.

[Submitted on 4 Sep 2023]

Evolution of Efimov States​

Sebastian M. Dawid, Md Habib E Islam, Raúl A. Briceño, Andrew W. Jackura
The Efimov phenomenon manifests itself as an emergent discrete scaling symmetry in the quantum three-body problem. In the unitarity limit, it leads to an infinite tower of three-body bound states with energies forming a geometric sequence. In this work, we study the evolution of these so-called Efimov states using relativistic scattering theory. We identify them as poles of the three-particle S matrix and trace their trajectories in the complex energy plane as they evolve from virtual states through bound states to resonances. We dial the scattering parameters toward the unitarity limit and observe the emergence of the universal scaling of energies and couplings -- a behavior known from the non-relativistic case. Interestingly, we find that Efimov resonances follow unusual, cyclic trajectories accumulating at the three-body threshold and then disappear at some values of the two-body scattering length. We propose a partial resolution to this "missing states" problem.

Jun 11, 2023
Visit site
Hey Harry!! I take issue with your statement that 'space been infinite." while agreeing totally, with your statement "So! in one Space Universe we can look at the expansion and contraction of its parts." and offer recently discovered proof in 2017 that voids are expanding while overdensities are contracting!!
And that over infinite time the voids of today will become the overdensities of tomorrow because their is an upper limit to how much an overdensity supercluster can heat up and once an overdensity's mass including dark matter neutrino mass starts net cooling, the stored dark energy comes out as net compressed GP1s come out decompressing and expanding the volume of space creating high GP1 aether particle repulsive voids!!
From the discovery of the DiPole RePeller Void in 2017, We know that there is a flow from the high pressure GP1 Aether Particle RePeller Void to the low pressure GP1 Aether Particle overdensities The Great Attractor and The Shapley Attractor And that this push of the DiPole Repeller Void along with the pull of the Great Attractor and Shapley Attractor has resulted in the local galactic group and everything around us moving towards the Attractors away from the RePeller Void at 631 km/second!!
You ask!!): Exactly, what is this (GP1) God Particle 1 wind natural flow from High GP1 Aether Pressure to low GP1 Aether Pressure that is, supposedly, pushing our local galactic group and everything around our group towards Shapley and Great Attractors??
My theoretical gaseous particle the GP1 is defined as the tiniest particle of mass in the universe about a quintillionth the mass of the neutrino, the medium of electromagnetic waves and gravitational waves and the building block of strings that got woven into sterile neutrino particle sacs of mass that evolved to neutrons in the center of our finite in volume ageless universe!!
The key message here is that each of the four given particles with rest mass are not each and everyone a perpetual gravitational force energy machine directly proportional to its mass and inertia!! Yes): Mass and Inertia are each mistakenly given as equivalent for any size of mass!! I argue "given facts" that disprove this notion that I will present later!!
Gravitational force is generated as matter particle permeable sacs heat up and net absorb GP1 Aether Particles as the matter particles heat up, store compressed gaseous GP1s inside their permeable sacs while also storing potential dark energy!!
The undeniable proof for this fact is our own Sun!!

Benjamin Franklin Quotes):
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
"Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days."
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."

Dark Matter Can Never Be Explained By The Three Million Physicists Of Today Because The Physicists Do Not Know How Gravitational Force Is Generated By Matter And That Gravitational Force Is The Direct Function Of Mass And The Rate At Which The Matter Particles Of The Mass Heat Up As Evidenced By The History Of Our Sun And Its Projected Future!!

1): Take Our Own Sun As An Example Of Gravity Generation As Our Sun’s Matter Heats Up!!):
A): We Are Given That Our Sun Formed From The Collapse Of A Molecular Hydrogen-Helium Cloud At 10 Degrees Kelvin!!
B): We Are Given That For The Past 5 Billion Years That Our Sun Has Been Heating Up And Generating Gravity!!
C): We Are Given That Our Sun Will Heat Up By 6% Per Billion Years For The Next 5 Billion Years While Generating Gravity!!
D): In 5 Billion Years); We Are Given That Our Sun Will Start Cooling From 7777 Kelvin To 3000 Kelvin While Net Emitting The Stored Anti-Gravity/Dark Energy Stored Inside The Nucleon, Electron And Neutrino Indestructible Mass-Energy Vessel Permeable Hovering Sacs In The Form Of Compressed GP1 Aether Particles That Were Stored During The 10 Billion Years That Our Sun Heated Up And Generated Gravity Blowing Off Half Its Mass Leaving A White Dwarf Remnant About The Size Of Earth At 200,000 Times Earth Density!!
E): One Proof That As Matter Cools And Net Expels GP1 Aether Particles); Dark Energy Is Released Is The Red Giant Phase Of Our Sun’s Life Cycle And All Red Giant Stars!!
2): From Observations Of Bullet Clusters We Know That Gravity And Dark Matter Gravity Stays With The Star Matter And Dark Neutrino Matter Heating Up From The Radiant Energy Of Stars And Not With An Equal Amount Of Cooling Hot Gaseous Matter Left Behind As The Two Galactic Clusters Separate!!

Last edited:

Hello Adoni Yannop

You have noted many points.

The main issue is what object creates contraction and expansion.

Our Sun and most of the stars in our Galaxy formed from droplets of condensates expelled from the center of our galaxy, condensate core (Black Hole) also responsible for the spiral arms of the Milkyway.

Jun 11, 2023
Visit site

Hello Adoni Yannop

You have noted many points.

The main issue is what object creates contraction and expansion.

Our Sun and most of the stars in our Galaxy formed from droplets of condensates expelled from the center of our galaxy, condensate core (Black Hole) also responsible for the spiral arms of the Milkyway.
Well Harry!! In Answer to your question!!): What object creates contraction and expansion?? I say that Void Expansion and Supercluster Contraction is the result of matter particles heating up by net imploding GP1 Aether Particles increasing the GP1 Aether Particle Pressure inside their permeable sacs which decreases the volume space surrounding their permeable sacs decreasing GP1 Aether Particle pressure outside of their permeable sacs!!
In addition to the given history of our Sun, which shows that as matter particles heat up gravitational force is generated from A Physical Flow of GP1 Aether Particles to the center of our Sun which push us in orbit around our Sun!!
In order to understand how low GP1 Aether Particle Pressure from matter particles heating up works): All you have to do is look at How Heat Powers/Intensifies Low GP1 Aether Particle Pressure-Low Air Pressure Hurricanes at the Equator while storing potential dark energy!!
And How Hurricanes weaken into tropical storms as their matter particles cool over land or cooler water releasing Compressed GP1 Aether Particles from their permeable sacs!!
Plus): Don't forget that high air pressure systems on Earth come from the Arctic and Antarctic Poles as matter particles cool!!
Plus, the discovery of Bullet Clusters proves my point that gravitational lensing/gravity stays with Stars heating up matter and dark matter neutrinos in the Bullet Cluster and not with equal amount of matter left behind the two galaxy cluster collision!!
Smile Often and See What Happens!!

Hello Adoni

Although I disagree
You may be right.

A condensate compact body will attract matter.

The same compact body has a property, Dipolar Electro-magnetic vector fields that eject matter away, as in M87.

Jun 11, 2023
Visit site
Hello Adoni

Although I disagree
You may be right.

A condensate compact body will attract matter.

The same compact body has a property, Dipolar Electro-magnetic vector fields that eject matter away, as in M87.
Well, Harry): It's time that you accepted the fact that condensates like the neutronium balls of neutron stars or the 3 solar mass neutronium ball singularities of black holes are created through the compression decompression cycles of stars, neutron stars and neutronium balls of 3 or more solar masses with an event horizon referred to as black holes!!
Please, consider, that since the Earth is given to pulsate every 26 seconds, our Sun is given to pulsate every 5 minutes and 34 seconds and pulsars days, months and years that our Sun is a Giant Compressor that is extracting heat from its core just as an air conditioner compressor or heat pump extracts heat from Freon gas through compression decompression cycles turning Freon gas to liquid that when decompressed cools its pipe containers!!
Anyway, the key element to air conditioning or heat pumping/heat extraction is work inputs in the form of compression and decompression cycles!! The core of a "Core Collapse Supernova" cannot just magically collapse to a neutron star at 100 trillion times Earth Density!!
The core neutronium ball is formed through the work/compression-decompression cycles of the progenitor star!!
Physicists cannot measure temperatures below absolute zero because the complete absence of electromagnetic waves is absolute zero to physicists!!
So, I developed, the Adoni-Kelvin temperature scale for temperatures below absolute zero at 3 times Earth Density!!
For instance, we are given that in 7 billion years our Sun will leave a white dwarf remnant about the volume of Earth with about the mass of 200,000 Earths in that volume!!
So, I calculate the core of our Sun's White Dwarf Remnant to be at 3X200,000= 600,000 Adoni-Kelvin degrees below Absolute Zero!!
Simple Logic): From The Given): The Denser The Object, The Lower The Entropy And Temperature!!
FYI): Hubble Observatory data has shown that some of M87's "pixels" vary/pulsate every 270 days!! Per): Astronomers have now detected the "heartbeats" of old, red supergiant stars within M87. NASA / ESA / Hubble Heritage Team
STELLAR SCIENCE ASTRONOMERS TAKE GALAXY’S PULSE
BY: CAMILLE M. CARLISLE NOVEMBER 17, 2015
Smile Often and See What Happens!! Have a great day!!

I'm not saying that you are right.
What I'm saying keep at it.
Even if people disagree with you.

It is healthy in science to keep on plotting along.

There are two types of Black Holes.
Classical with a singularity, where everything gets sucked in and no escape.
Mimic Black Hole that has all the properties without a singularity but has in addition.
Chiral Super-Symmetry Dipolar Electromagnetic Vector Fields that attract and expel matter along a vortex.

Some see things in a different light.
Even though I disagree with the paper does not make it wrong.

[Submitted on 21 Dec 2023]

Higher-Order Gravity, Finite Action, and a Safe Beginning for the Universe​

Jean-Luc Lehners, K. S. Stelle
General relativity allows for inhomogeneous and anisotropic universes with finite action. By contrast, in quadratic gravity such solutions obtain infinite action and are thus eliminated. What remains are homogeneous and isotropic solutions undergoing accelerated expansion, thereby automatically inducing an early inflationary phase. In this manner, semi-classical consistency may explain some of the basic, coarse-grained features of the early universe. This includes suitable initial conditions for the second law of thermodynamics, in the spirit of the Weyl curvature hypothesis. We note that quadratic gravity is a renormalisable theory and may admit an asymptotically safe regime at high energies, rendering the theory trustworthy to high energies. We also comment on theories containing curvature terms up to infinite derivative order, and on the contrast with no-boundary initial conditions.

Aug 1, 2023
Visit site
Infinity or not infinity that is the question.

Universe itself is infinite.

All matter in the universe is and always will be.

Since we cannot create matter or energy from nothing.

We cannot destroy matter or energy.

So, objects cannot have an infinite body.

What happens to all bodies in an infinite universe?

They cannot hide or pretend to be Dark matter/energy.

So, we research and study applying whatever science we have at hand to explain the transformation from one phase to another.

This leads to various theories, some scientific and many based on opinions.

When we observe images out there and beyond, we notice clustering.

But! we expected expansion.

What is actually going on?
Universe had a beginning, it will have an end, several types are proposed: elements burning into fire; an expansion, until everything is near absolute zero, no work possible: 'the outer darkness'; a Big Crunch, into a Giant Black Hole, where matter can't be compressed below the size of strings: 'the fire Gehenna'.
We all will go to one of it, when, no human being knows.
But some report alien indicated there are 15 billion universes...

Mar 31, 2023
Visit site
We don't know everything about 'every' object out there. If one body out there was actually infinite, we couldn't see its whole body, only the nearest portion of its body.
For example, black matter is currently unknowable by us so we do not know how far it extends or if it's part of something bigger than the universe.
Same as the universe which we can see, black matter could easily be part of an infinite thingy. We can't tell.

To sum the situation, the cosmos has to be infinite or it couldn't exist.
You cannot have something inside a nothingness. Doesn't compute ;=]

You cannot have something inside a nothingness. Doesn't compute ;=]
Cosmologists tell us that the Universe we can see is finite, due to the expansion rate, far enough away, being faster than c. However, if you were to go to the edge of the visible universe as we see it, that observer would be at the center of its visible universe. Thus, no matter where you go, you see yourself at the center of the universe. It is "bounded" but "infinite".

Reactions: Atlan0001
"Coatlicue is the name given to a hypothetical star which gave rise to the Sun and then exploded as a supernova. Coatlicue would have been at least thirty times the mass of the Sun, and while on the main sequence its strong winds would have compressed the gas of the local nebula and given birth to hundreds of stars, including the Sun. The existence and the characteristics of this star were deduced from the presence of aluminium-26 in meteorites, which was expelled in the winds of the massive star.[1]"

This is an opinion.
You never know it may be right.
You may need to consider our Solar System going through Nebulae.

Regardless i do think our Sun may have gone through one Supernova.

As for expansion of the Universe.
If the universe is infinite, you cannot have expansion of contraction.

You can have expansion and contraction within the parts of the universe.

As for expansion of the Universe.
If the universe is infinite, you cannot have expansion of contraction.

You can have expansion and contraction within the parts of the universe.
Wrong, Harry. Expansion / contraction from local to nonlocal, from finite to nonfinite (infinite / infinitesimal), from relative to nonrelative . . . from centered finite here, everywhere point of "here" is, to un-centered infinities there.

What is the one clearest quality of Cosmology and, thus, Physics, Complexity and Chaos, the fewest pros and non-pros have it all over the many?!

Infinite / infinitesimal / infinity / infinities! The open system (nonlocal), the opening system (local) // fundamental binary base2 ('0' (null unity) and/or '1' (unity) . . . and parity's trojan third)....

.... Plus connections (connection!), "infinity of the mind."

Last edited:

Latest posts