Is it possible to see 33 satellites in a row in the course of 15 min?

I live in Airdrie Alberta Canada and I was walking my dogs in the field outside of our complex (6:30am mountain time) when I noticed multiple satellites in a row moving west to east. They came into view over head just slightly to the west and stayed visible as far east as I could see. There was a total of 33 from the time I first noticed them till they stopped appearing. Is it possible that these were just Satellites as the most I have ever seen in the past has been 3 and they were all going in different orbits (directions)

Reactions: Clockwind and rod
Recommend following SpaceX, StarLink launches. A large number of observers are reporting seeing many satellites now because of StarLink launches and their orbits, and as they move higher up too. Even some professional observatories are reporting more issues too. StarLink when completed could have some 12,000 satellites to view for stargazers :)

Nov 29, 2019
Visit site
Recommend following SpaceX, StarLink launches. A large number of observers are reporting seeing many satellites now because of StarLink launches and their orbits, and as they move higher up too. Even some professional observatories are reporting more issues too. StarLink when completed could have some 12,000 satellites to view for stargazers :)
could you please share a link on how to follow them

Nov 29, 2019
Visit site
I live in Airdrie Alberta Canada and I was walking my dogs in the field outside of our complex (6:30am mountain time) when I noticed multiple satellites in a row moving west to east. They came into view over head just slightly to the west and stayed visible as far east as I could see. There was a total of 33 from the time I first noticed them till they stopped appearing. Is it possible that these were just Satellites as the most I have ever seen in the past has been 3 and they were all going in different orbits (directions)
I saw 7. but honeatly I thought they were UFOs. same west towards south direction

Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi there
I've been scouring the internet trying to find an explanation for what I saw last night; 22 satelite sized lights all in a row, over Spain, traveling upwards until they disapeared from sight
I checked spacex and ESA, no launches yesterday.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019
Visit site
I saw the same thing this evening just east of seattle at 5:43 pm. I don't know how many I missed, but counted a procession of at least 20, heading from west or southwest to east or northeast. It was unsettling, because I've never seen anything like it.

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
A group of us observed at least 25 from Topeka, Kansas; moving from south to north, precisely in a row, evenly spaced, at 6:45 pm. Initially, we assumed the first was a satellite. But, with so many in a row, we questioned whether we were seeing drones, aircraft or satellites. With no identifying lights, and so soon after sunset, I now once again assume they were satellites, though I can't find a reference anywhere (HeavensAbove.com, etc). Any sites that show current SpaceX or other satellite paths would be appreciated.

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
Outside Elkton Oregon USA, 9 pm (PST) saw 20 or 25 satellites moving west-southwest to east-northeast. Most all were evenly spaced. Two or three moved faster and were passing the others. There might have been more but my wife told me to come inside. First time I've ever seen so many all traveling in concert.

Reactions: Cornczech
Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
I live in the Gold Canyon area of Arizona and last night after our walk, we saw MULTIPLE satellites going from west/SW to NE...in almost perfect spacing...one after another....for almost an hour or so.....there were multiple ones...side by side (with exact spacing between them). No flashing lights or anything else to indicate they were drones or airplanes....they looked EXACTLY like the satellites you might see overhead...….Hmmmmmmmm

Reactions: jd1089
Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
We live in Tucson, Arizona. I think we saw the same thing last night (April 17th, 2020). My wife and kids were outside and noticed a bunch of satellites traveling along the same path for several minutes in a west to east direction. They came and got me so I went outside to check it out, and I saw the last 8 or 9. They were spaced about 30 seconds apart, all moving at the same speed, and traveling along the same path. Very strange. Never seen this before. The time was about 8:07 PM when the last of them went over.

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
I live in the Gold Canyon area of Arizona and last night after our walk, we saw MULTIPLE satellites going from west/SW to NE...in almost perfect spacing...one after another....for almost an hour or so.....there were multiple ones...side by side (with exact spacing between them). No flashing lights or anything else to indicate they were drones or airplanes....they looked EXACTLY like the satellites you might see overhead...….Hmmmmmmmm

What time did you see them?

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
What time did you see them?
I asked my husband and he says 8pm.....he wrote the FCC and SpaceX as we read Musk wants to place 60k satellites in space! He thinks what we saw was a part of this....I'm not so sure as what WE saw looked nothing like a "string of pearls" nor anything like the photos and videos posted online.....

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
I'm guessing what we saw is the SpaceX Starlink system. Maybe they are spacing out a bit now, so they don't look like the "string of pearls" you mentioned. Hope they figure out a way to make them less visible. If they put up thousands of them it's kinda going to wreck the view of the night sky.

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
I was in my garden in Essex England last night 22/04 2020 at 03:25 and saw 12 satellites pass overhead in quick succession. would they have beem SpaceX Starlink satellites

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
Probably. How far apart (in seconds) were they? I've never seen anything like this in my life, so I'm guessing these "trains" of satellites are the Starlink system, whether they are close together in a so-called "string of pearls", or spaced further apart like (about 30 seconds) like what we saw. Also, what were you doing up at 3:25 in the morning?

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
Probably. How far apart (in seconds) were they? I've never seen anything like this in my life, so I'm guessing these "trains" of satellites are the Starlink system, whether they are close together in a so-called "string of pearls", or spaced further apart like (about 30 seconds) like what we saw. Also, what were you doing up at 3:25 in the morning?

I would say they were about 5 seconds apart. Why was I up? Cramp so I got up and went out in the garden :)

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
I just saw 15 or so "satellites" stream from southwest to north east in Bathurst NSW at around 8:30 pm. They seemed to disappear at the same point in the sky. They were all the same distance apart, say around 5 seconds.
Yes, this was really weird. My daughter exclaimed "Oh Mum its like Star Wars!"
I looked on CalSky to see what satellites were around and there were none registered for this date and time..... ???
Anyone have any clues other than Starlink, which should be registered??

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
Just looked at findstarlink.com and saw that the old starlink-3 was visible at 6;48pm with a 10 minute variability. So does 8 - 8:30 sound reasonable? Not sure myself. And how many satelites are in the old starlink-3?

We also had a very loud "plane', or something that sounded like a truck actually, fly very low over our house on Thursday night. We rushed out to see what it was but there was nothing there. Couldn't see any navigation lights or anything. We have an extended view in the direction it sounded like it was going but we got no visual on the "craft"...really weird.

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
I don't know. I haven't. What I'm finding curious is the spacing between the satellites. Why do some people see them very close together (ie, "string of pearls" - a few seconds apart) vs. what I saw, about 30 seconds apart?

May 3, 2020
Visit site
May 3, around 9 p.m., in Nashville. I counted 15 satellites, moving in the same way as others above describe. Two of them briefly grew brilliant, evidently reflecting sunlight. They seemed to be moving northerly, in the same part of the sky as Venus. I have never witnessed satellites in a group, so I got online to learn if others have seen them. Sure enough...

Sep 20, 2020
Visit site
So,
Utrecht, Netherlands,
Between 5:55 and 6:20 a.m.
Saw a total of 25 sattelites, fairly in the same direction, some (up to four) in a "string" with few seconds difference, highly synchronized, some in slightly varing diractions and speed, with several seconds distance from each other, of different light intensity/color (yellow/white). And three other sattelites in other directions.

Latest posts