James Webb Space Telescope unveils the gravitationally warped galaxies of 'El Gordo'

What are the diameters of those swirl smudges? Those galaxies. If that line is at same distance, it would seem to me that the line is the largest and strangest cosmic object I've ever seen. That would be a huge size and distance.....to remain straight, or come straight.

Unless it's an instrument and or processing error. Perhaps an alignment of instrument structure orientation?

Let's flip all the little smudges to their edge. Little lines. How many little lines would it take to match that large line length?

And if as you suggest, that large line is an edge, then imagine the amount of mass and volume of that galaxy. And for me, it's strange that one large one like that would cluster with a bunch of small ones. And as I hinted at before, imagine the g flux within the cluster. And the number of collisions it must have had in the past. I would also think that any galaxy that has had many collisions.....would have warped disk shaped edge. A horizontal s of some nature. Not a line. Especially a large galaxy.

I'm just spitballing. I am not an astronomer.

All the g lens I've seen has been an arc.

Yes, it is very unusual but scientists consider it to be a lensed, edge on galaxy.

"Another prominent feature in the Webb image is a long, pencil-thin line at left of center. Known as "La Flaca" (the Thin One), it is another lensed background galaxy whose light also took nearly 11 billion years to reach Earth."

What are the diameters of those swirl smudges? Those galaxies. If that line is at same distance, it would seem to me that the line is the largest and strangest cosmic object I've ever seen. That would be a huge size and distance.....to remain straight, or come straight.

Unless it's an instrument and or processing error. Perhaps an alignment of instrument structure orientation?

You cannot take what you see from the image at face value. First of all, you are looking through billions of years of space-time, layered on top of each other. Secondly, due to the amount of gravity that these galaxies and galaxy clusters have, objects behind them become extremely distorted due to gravitational lensing.

I get this all the time. I ask a SIMPLE question and the response is.....that I am asking the wrong question...........so they answer a question that I did not ask. They only answer with a prepared and rehearsed answer .......of only certain questions. If your question is not on the list, you are directed to a question that is on the answer list. Some say a word map is needed.

It's all prepared and choreograph. And distractions are quickly dealt with.

My simple questions prove my total ignorance of the matter. In other words my questions have no merit. Because I am unable to comprehend spacetime.

But if I just blindly agree, then some how, I understand spacetime. I'm in. I don't believe anybody understands spacetime....most assuredly the ones that claim they do. For many can not resist a fairy tail. Some need magic. Many intellects require magic. The invisible, unknowable force behind all things. A secret.

This whole concept is very lacking for me. I find no confidence in it. It's so phony.

I believe light can be explained with mechanics. A mechanical dynamic. With omnipresent time and length. c squared is NOT a math term, it's a mechanical term. It's a perpendicular acceleration. Two c accelerations in a square(perpendicular) configuration. The result is a closed helical structure. A particle. This is how energy is confined. And confined energy IS mass. And only one structure can confine it......is a particle structure that has been called charge. Charge is a structure and energy and mass are ratio-d by it. A c squared structure.

The concept of local time and local space is not needed. So I don't use it.

The ONLY way, the only condition, for redshift to occur due to velocity......is if WE are moving at a severely high velocity. Not the emitter. Emitter V does not effect shift, only the detector V can cause red shift. Light is not a wave and does not behave like sound. With sound and waves.....the emitter and the detector can be inverted, and you get the same shift. But you can not do this with light. Light shift is a one way shift. Emitter V can only effect phase. Detector V effects both phase and frequency. Do our scientists of today truly understand the difference in phase shift and frequency shift? They do NOT, if they are using a symmetrical wave concept.

Before all the screaming starts......A reflection...is a totally different dynamic than emission is. Don't use it for comparison. Or for counter argument. A reflection takes time, an emission does not. A detection takes time, an emission does not. Severely asymmetric comparison. All light shifts with a moving reflection. Both up and down. Reflection is not equal to emission. Totally different.

Emission is an instant dynamic, and no one knows it.

Gravity can shift the frequency of an emitter. And when we can sample light, like we can sample radio, we will be able to not only tell what the g force is at the emitter, but be able to measure the relative v of emitter....and the relative v of detector.......independently. But when we sample, the first thing we will notice is, that light is not a wave, it's a series of discrete strobes. Hammers. And when they strike matter....the matter rings and vibrates.......leading many to think that light is a wave vibration too. But it is not. It's a series of stiff hammers. Blows. Strobes. All EM blinks. It's discrete and intermittent. The length or duration of that hammer does NOT change with emitter v. Only the dead space between those hammers change, with emitter v. The phase of the hammer changes, not the length or strength. However, upon detection, both the phase AND the frequency is changed with detector v. It's not reversible, invertible and symmetric. Like a train whistle and a station.

We will plot and measure the mass, the gravity, and the relative V of all EM emitters, just from the measurement of light.

But not with spacetime. You need a mechanic.

Latest posts