Lab-grown black hole analog behaves just like Stephen Hawking said it would

Mar 4, 2021
Visit site
Several questions related to the video showing the 'unfortunate star' being consumed by the blackhole. Q1. Does not the moving video of the blackhole show 2 dimensions? Energy and SPACE? An X and Y axis? Q2. Generally speaking, it is known that energy will flow in a straight line (unless something changes it). Is the 2nd medium.... SPACE? Does Space flow and create a 'whirlpool'; bending energy to create the blackhole? Q3. Does SPACE move/display the exact properties as water? For do not all things flow from Hi pressure to Low press'? Q4. Does SPACE moderate/slow down the flow of of energy creating all mass?

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
What I find difficult to understand with Hawking's theory is that , if for example, I was sucked into a black hole, it would be returned as radiation. However, as we know even light itself travelling (well at light speed) cannot escape a black hole. In effect therefore any radiation from a black hole must surely be travelling at light speed ++ But, we also believe that nothing can travel faster than light ?

What I find difficult to understand with Hawking's theory is that , if for example, I was sucked into a black hole, it would be returned as radiation. However, as we know even light itself travelling (well at light speed) cannot escape a black hole. In effect therefore any radiation from a black hole must surely be travelling at light speed ++ But, we also believe that nothing can travel faster than light ?
It may help once you see that Hawking Radiation is not about anything escaping through the Event Horizon (EH). He considered what would happen exactly at the EH when virtual pairs of photons emerged and one went outward, the other inward. There is a radial point from the center of the BH where this can happen, and its somewhere on the EH.

That particle split will produce an outward photon that "escapes", yet was never "inside" the EH.

This radiation causes the BH to have a temperature, and the more massive the BH the cooler the temperature, most BHs are very close to absolute zero. If you could make a BH with the mass of, say, Vesta, it would have a temperature, as I read, of about 1200K, but a BH the mass of Ceres would be 10x cooler.

So, it stands to reason, that very tiny masses would evaporate very quickly, hence the lack of concern for CERN. :)