New Forum Feature - Subscription Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that we've implemented a new feature here in the forums: subscription emails.

What are subscription emails? These are messages that come to your email inbox (not your PM inbox) alerting you to a new post in a thread you have subscribed to, or new messages in a whole forum. Some systems refer to this as "watching", as in, you are "watching a thread" or "watching a forum".

Subscription emails are useful for a variety of reasons. Perhaps you want to keep up to the minute tabs on a thread in which you are particularly interested. Or, perhaps you are a light poster and only contribute to a few threads, and you'd like to know when they get updated. Or, you might have made an announcement to the community and you want to see who has responded to said announcement. Or.... I am sure you may have a reason that hasn't occured to me.

Bottom line: this feature is here to help you keep connected to the forum community. And it is and opt-in process, as subscribing to threads and/or forums is a manual process; you are not automatically subscribed to anything at the writing of this note. The option is there for you to use and enjoy.

Now, how do you subscribe?

• Go to the bottom of the page inside a forum or inside a thread.
  • Click on the "Subscribe forum" link or "Subscribe topic" (not its adjacent check box) to subscribe to the forum.
  • It will bring up a page with a confirmation message, "You have subscribed to be notified of new posts in this topic."
  • If you want to unsubscribe, head down to the bottom of the page again to the "Unsubscribe forum" or "Unsubscribe topic" link an click it.
    It will bring up a page with a confirmation message, "You are no longer subscribed to this topic."

The email itself has very clear instructions in it as far as how to view the topic/forum, as well as unsubscribing from it.

If you run into problems or have feedback to give, please post in the Community Talkback forum.

I hope you find this new feature useful!

-dh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts