Noncommunitive geometry, the standard model and time

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

observer7

The August issue of Scientific American has an article on noncommunitive geometries and their application to the mathematics of the standard model. As I was reading through this material it occured to me that the noncommunitive nature of some of the equations, especially those that involve entropy, leads to a ready made answer to the question of why time flows in only one direction.<br /><br />I have always been interested in what exactly time is, and whether or not it is a perception of human consciousness or a physical manifistation of the universe. I was leaning toward the former after reading "The End of Time" by Julian Barbor but with the application of noncommunitive algebra to the geometry of spacetime, perhaps time is a manifistation of the underlying nature of space itself.<br /><br />My question, since I do not have enough math to follow how this applies to the standard model is this.<br /><br />Can the nature of space on a fundamental level be noncommunitive, that is "one-way" when it come to certain interactions, and because of this property is space-time created by these interactions?<br /><br />See http://noncommutative.tripod.com/ncgtext.htm for a brief overview of the subject.<br /><br />--<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em><font size="2">"Time exists so that everything doesn't happen at once" </font></em><font size="2">Albert Einstein</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.