Report: Mars Polar Lander May Be Sighted

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

acid_frost

That is awesome, though any chance one of the rovers might be able to get near it? To bad the pics arent clearer. Also iam wondering what an inpact does to the surounding areas of the impact and the possible contamination of Mars from Earth. Yes i realize that they are in clean rooms but come on!<br /><br />Acid

R

rybanis

As much as it would be cool, its impossible. The rovers are thousands of kilometers from the southern pole, and they have very little range (though they have made good use of it!) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

H

henryhallam

<font color="yellow"><br /> any chance one of the rovers might be able to get near it?</font><br /><br />No chance at all, I'm afraid.

E

earth_bound_misfit

Thanks Doc! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p>----------------------------------------------------------------- </p><p>Wanna see this site looking like the old SDC uplink?</p><p>Go here to see how: <strong>SDC Eye saver </strong>  </p> </div>

D

drwayne

In a reduced way, it reminded me of those first news items about the discovery of the Titanic...<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

R

rubicondsrv

hopefully this site will be reexamened by MRO when it arrives. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cookie_thief

That's pretty cool.<br />It looks to me like it hovered just above the surface and blasted away until it ran out of fuel and subsequently plopped down.

C

chew_on_this

It's amazing, involving the scales, how you find a needle in a continent size stack of hay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts