Sad News: Andre Norton Passes Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

avaunt

Sad indeed. I am an old man, alright. All the people I loved to read when a child, are passing away one by one.<br /><br />And you are right, mate. Thats an interesting link.

H

hracctsold

That is sad news indeed. Some of my fondest memories are of her so-called juvenille(kids written) books. She was one person that could weave a storyline and make you believe you were there. I still have some of her books in my library like, "Daybreak-2250 A. D."original title: Star Man's Son. I first read it as Star Man's Son, and then found that copy in a used book store. It was about exploring the world after a man made disaster.<br /><br />One of my favorite series was the TRUE beastmaster series and her mentioning of the forerunners or those who went many years before her character in that storyline. The only thing the movie got right about the beastmaster was his critter companions. <br /><br />I still look for her paperbacks in the used bookstores I frequent now and then. The only series I never found much interest in was the witchworld ones, or something of that nature. <br /><br />Thanks for the news of her passing.

Y

yevaud

A terrible loss.<br /><br />When I was around 8, I begane to develop a taste for SF. My mom would take me with her to go shopping at a downtown department store.<br /><br />Unlike most kids having to go to do this, I always looked forward to it, because she would leave me in the book area, where I would devour every Andre Norton book I could get my hands on.<br /><br />A great loss indeed. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts