Saturn's moon Titan has a weird organic chemical in its atmosphere

The paper cited with Abstract says "These new results on cyclic molecules provide fresh constraints on photochemical pathways in Titan's atmosphere, and will require new modeling and experimental work to fully understand the implications for complex molecule formation."

The space.com report in my opinion, suggest a leap from these observations to abiogenesis may have happened on Titan. We have ~ 4.352x10^17 seconds elapsed in the universe since the BB event. This places *seconds* constraint on abiogenesis at Titan, e.g. when abiogenesis took place, and how long did it take abiogenesis to create life from non-living matter on Titan :)

Reactions: serhiy1635
Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
The paper cited with Abstract says "These new results on cyclic molecules provide fresh constraints on photochemical pathways in Titan's atmosphere, and will require new modeling and experimental work to fully understand the implications for complex molecule formation."

The space.com report in my opinion, suggest a leap from these observations to abiogenesis may have happened on Titan. We have ~ 4.352x10^17 seconds elapsed in the universe since the BB event. This places *seconds* constraint on abiogenesis at Titan, e.g. when abiogenesis took place, and how long did it take abiogenesis to create life from non-living matter on Titan :)
That`s a good point.
In this article was mention the fact that Titan is the most Earth-like place in our solar system.
We might guess that there are some forms of life especially if scientists claim that there are water on this planet . So I might be wrong but who knows?)