schwarzschild radius of the universe.

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
I like some of these sentiments and would like to respond with some more ideas. but first, refer to my comment about "defeating my argument". Maybe A black hole in another universe would, instead of producing a black hole that is our universe, would more likely produce a White Hole. And that's maybe where we are; in a white hole and as you say we produce our own Black holes and so on. The hierarchical problem.

Your thought on compressing space: is this not what happens when a black hole feeds mass? What might happen to us if our white hole (if that's what we are) were to stop being supplied with space and matter from the 'upper' black hole? In that situation, the expansion would stop, possibly, and as a result of Black Holes continuing to feed, we would have the situation you alluded to: shrinkage.
We probably would not notice as time is always positive (except when it isn't). Maybe I can suggest some ideas that, to me at least, show exactly what time is and some consequences - because you raised it as an issue.

Should we discuss this here or as a Separate Heading? It would be a whole lot easier if I could post JIF pictures as illustrations but I know not how!

Gibsense, There is another section of this forum that is labeled "Cosmology" where we have permission to start new threads. This discussion seems to have drifted into subject matter that is appropriately discussed there. So, I suggest you start a new thread under "Cosmology" for this discussion.

Edit: Ooops, we are already in "Cosmology". I got here from a link in an e-mail notification and was thinking it was one of the threads in the "Article Commentary" section that was drifting.

So, I think Gibsense is fine staying in this thread of starting another as he sees fit.

Regarding posting JIF files, he will need a moderator to tell him if he can and how to do it if so. Another alterative is to post those files elsewhere on the Internet and include a link in the posts here.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Gibsense,

I understand what you mean, now. I have thought about that concept myself several times, and I don't see any way to disprove it with current knowledge.

The issue is that we are not good at thinking about what "space" is from a dimensional perspective. And I include "time" as one of those dimensions that we are particularly bad at conceptualizing. General Relativity Theory breaks down at interfaces like black hole event horizons, so that, from the outside, we think we cannot see anything cross it because we perceive time as stopping its passage at the horizon.

I would like to see more theoretical work on what "space" and "time" look like from inside an event horizon. If we are willing to believe that "space" is as expandable as the BBT hypothesizes, then it seems that we should also be willing to believe that space is just as compressible. And, we need to better understand what happens as "space" is compressed or collapses or whatever we call its dimensional changes. Is it really like compressing matter into a smaller dimension? Or, is matter also changed into smaller dimensions so that the "fit" is the same at all scales?

The BBT is a hodge-podge of mixed thinking about that. For instance, the BBT seems to think that the speed of light was sufficient to transit the entire universe quickly while it was highly compressed just after the Big Bang. But, General Relativity Theory says that observers will always get the same speed of light result from measurements, due to changes in the perceived speed of time passage as well as changes in the perceived physical dimensions of objects. To me, that argues for the conclusion that light speed would never be sufficient to transit the universe fast enough to keep it homogenous for the amount of time passage that the theorists need to make the BBT work. I am saying that I think their "solution" to the "horizon problem" violates everything we are able to measure to validate General Relativity Theory.

So, yes, I am open to the idea that our universe, so far as we can observe it, could exist inside a black hole in a larger universe, as well as that there could be other universes that we cannot observe inside of the black holes that we can detect in our own universe. Maybe there are even black holes within the black holes that we can detect. Logically there might be a cascade of universes possible with event horizons inside event horizons with no reason for a limit on how many levels could exist.

What argues against that concept is only our intuitive belief that "there isn't enough room inside a black hole for another universe." But, General Relativity Theory proves we are not good at intuitively understanding space/time in situations much different from where we evolved here on Earth.

And, General Relativity has its limits, because it is really only a mathematical rationalization of the perceptions that we have based on our observations. It has always worked so far as we have been able to test it.

But, the BBT is based on the idea that GRT must not be able to correctly predict what the universe was like when it's observed radial expansion is extrapolated backwards to make it the size smaller than what we now perceive as the radius of an atomic nucleus. "Inflation" is introduced specifically to make the BBT work despite GRT working against it.

If that violation of GRT is accepted by most theorists as "the best model", then I strongly believe that they need to be open to the idea that their own, far less well validated theory, might not be the only way to conceive of the reality we are all trying to grasp.
Perhaps if GRT is combined with Quantum Mechanics there is a mechanism to jump the singularity to produce a white hole that is our universe. Must think about that one.
PS the Time post will have to wait until I figure out how to get diagrams on here. Words (at least my words) are not clear enough

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Gibsense, There is another section of this forum that is labeled "Cosmology" where we have permission to start new threads. This discussion seems to have drifted into subject matter that is appropriately discussed there. So, I suggest you start a new thread under "Cosmology" for this discussion.

Edit: Ooops, we are already in "Cosmology". I got here from a link in an e-mail notification and was thinking it was one of the threads in the "Article Commentary" section that was drifting.

So, I think Gibsense is fine staying in this thread of starting another as he sees fit.

Regarding posting JIF files, he will need a moderator to tell him if he can and how to do it if so. Another alterative is to post those files elsewhere on the Internet and include a link in the posts here.
Thanks for that advice. Was thinking of doing a website (X5) but bogged down right now.

Latest posts