Sci Fi Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StarRider1701

One of my favorite scenes of all time, not from a movie. It is near the end of an episode:

Spock is standing before a Vulcan woman and man and has just finished speaking to her. Spock turns to him and says, "You can have her. You might find that having is not nearly so pleasing as wanting. I know it does not seem logical, but it is often so." Spock turns from the two.

Alright all you Star Trek buffs out there, riddle me this.

1. Which episode did that come from?

2. What major event/catastrophe occured right before this scene?

3. Who was Spock speaking to?

No Googling or YouToobing now... :mrgreen:

Y

yevaud

Re: Best quotes from a Sci-FI Flick

Don't need to Google it, 'cause I am a Trek Nerd. :)

1. "Amok Time." The Pon Farr has come upon Spock.

2. McCoy is thought to have died at Spock's hands.

3. His (now ex-) Bride to be and her "champion." (Sorry, the names escape me, though I can see the scene in my mind's eye)

/Win!

Do I win the million Quatloos now?

Y

yevaud

Re: Best quotes from a Sci-FI Flick

This has potential, so I'm going to split this off into it's own dedicated thread.

S

starsinmyeyes44

The bride's name was T'Pring and her chosen one was Stonn. The Vulcan leader was T'Pau.

And no, I didn't have to look up anything....I'm a hopeless Star Trek nerd and endless source of Star Trek trivia.

S

starsinmyeyes44

Oh...I forgot to say that Spock thought he had killed Kirk during the duel.

Y

yevaud

Oh, heh. Posted that backwards didn't I? I meant Kirk, not McCoy. Hell, I even remember McCoy saying something to the effect of "well, I hope your satisfied, Spock. You've killed him."

Post in haste - repent in leisure.

C

crazyeddie

Yeah, this was too easy. I knew the answer without even having to blink. Great idea for a thread, though! But Amok Time was one of the most popular episodes. You need to pick quotes from the more obscure ones to make it challenging.

J

jim48

Then there was T'Pau's neer'-do-well brother T'Pay. And her foxy sister T'Poon. And her Jewish ex-boyfriend T'Putz. And her alcoholic father T'Puke. Alright. Is this a Star Trek or sci-fi trivia thread? Movies and tv shows?

C

crazyeddie

jim48":28u7633p said:
Then there was T'Pau's neer'-do-well brother T'Pay. And her foxy sister T'Poon. And her Jewish ex-boyfriend T'Putz. And her alcoholic father T'Puke. Alright. Is this a Star Trek or sci-fi trivia thread? Movies and tv shows?

:lol:

C

crazyeddie

OK, here's one, also from Star Trek. It's the next to last line of the episode:

"I want to stay!"

This probably isn't all that hard for true Trekkies! ;)

A

a_lost_packet_

crazyeddie":yk3de5cf said:

"I want to stay!"

I'm terrible with episode names. But, wasn't it that godlike being that was just a "child" who was insisting on forcing Kirk & Crew to play his little games until Kirk enticed him to play the greatest game of all - A hunt to the death?

J

jim48

crazyeddie":289h6x7v said:

"I want to stay!"

"Charlie X". Fred Steiner composed a masterful score for that episode. Is this strictly Star Trek trivia?

C

crazyeddie

jim48":1xuhgr0p said:
crazyeddie":1xuhgr0p said:

"I want to stay!"

"Charlie X". Fred Steiner composed a masterful score for that episode. Is this strictly Star Trek trivia?

Jim wins the prize! Good boy! :D

It doesn't have to be Star Trek trivia only........but TOS is probably the most-watched science fiction TV show in history, so it lends itself to trivia games.

G

Gravity_Ray

StarRider1701":1unq9kvx said:
One of my favorite scenes of all time, not from a movie. It is near the end of an episode:

Spock is standing before a Vulcan woman and man and has just finished speaking to her. Spock turns to him and says, "You can have her. You might find that having is not nearly so pleasing as wanting. I know it does not seem logical, but it is often so." Spock turns from the two.

Alright all you Star Trek buffs out there, riddle me this.

1. Which episode did that come from?

2. What major event/catastrophe occured right before this scene?

3. Who was Spock speaking to?

No Googling or YouToobing now... :mrgreen:

Spock didnt get the girl here, but in one episode he actually falls in love (emotions fully functioning) and took a mate. Anybody can name his mate? She is rather famous (for us old timers that is).

C

crazyeddie

Gravity_Ray":2dfdbuja said:
Spock didnt get the girl here, but in one episode he actually falls in love (emotions fully functioning) and took a mate. Anybody can name his mate? She is rather famous (for us old timers that is).

Was that the episode that guest starred Mariette Hartley as Zarabeth? I loved her! Can't remember the name of the episode, tho.....

Y

yevaud

"All Our Yesterdays." Yeah, that was a good one, and Spock at his most atypical vulnerable.

Hmm. Probably too easy, but was Balok's favorite beverage?

A

a_lost_packet_

jim48":2sn7u9y2 said:

Nice. That was my second guess. But, I couldn't get past the other guy and his whining. :)

A

a_lost_packet_

A bit of behind the scenes Star Trek Trivia:

On various access ways, pipes and the like, the letters "GNDN" were written. What do they stand for?

G

Gravity_Ray

yevaud":3qruepyl said:
"All Our Yesterdays." Yeah, that was a good one, and Spock at his most atypical vulnerable.

I cant remember the name of the drink, but Clint Howard that played Balok was in Comedy Central later on when they roasted Bill Shatner and did a grown up alcoholic Balok that was very funny.

Y

yevaud

a_lost_packet_":3sdvs7fi said:
A bit of behind the scenes Star Trek Trivia:

On various access ways, pipes and the like, the letters "GNDN" were written. What do they stand for?

You got one I actually know well: "Goes Nowhere, Does Nothing." :)

What word did the TOS cast and crew use to describe a prop?

J

jim48

yevaud":1aw8c1kz said:

He got Jill Ireland in "This Side of Paradise" ;) Balok liked tronya, if I spelled that right. Steiner's incidental music for "The Corobmite Manuever" would be played to death for the next two years. I say "incidental" because that one did not get an original score from beginning to end.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Gravity_Ray":47lwx1mg said:
yevaud":47lwx1mg said:

I cant remember the name of the drink, but Clint Howard that played Balok was in Comedy Central later on when they roasted Bill Shatner and did a grown up alcoholic Balok that was very funny.

"Tranya".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts