Sci Fi Trivia

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HRacct

yevaud":3q1cavgi said:
HRacct":3q1cavgi said:
In one of the incarnations of the ST shows, two major characters are arguing when one throws a punch at the other. The one character says something to the order of, "You hit me. Picard never struck me." And the other quips back, "But I'm not Picard." At the time, I really thought that that was truly funny.

That was good old truculent Benjamin Sisko. Avery Brooks at his best.

But that was only half of the answer. Who was he talking to, and who was the one he punched. That person was what made that scene funny.

S

starsinmyeyes44

a_lost_packet_":jl44ed69 said:
yevaud":jl44ed69 said:
..What word did the TOS cast and crew use to describe a prop?

I'm still waiting on someone to answer this one. I remember reading about it or seeing a documentary with it mentioned.. but, I don't remember what they called them. :/

I remember reading about this too. I can recall that the property master on the set was named Feinberg. I'll go look in some of the ST books I have to see if they were called "Feinbergers" or something. :)

Y

yevaud

/Win

Called a "Feinberg," after the TOS prop master.

What did Q ask Worf if he'd done lately??

A

a_lost_packet_

yevaud":33uqfxeu said:
/Win

Called a "Feinberg," after the TOS prop master.

AH! That was on an episode aired late-night earlier this week. He asked if he had sex lately. :) Worf responded he had given up that particular aspect of his race which, I find unfathomable.. Yet, it was one of the earlier episodes so decent character outlines hadn't been really established yet. Poor Worf.. It's easy to see why he's always angry. The man needs more time in the Holodeck.. doctor's orders...

(I really think Doctors should give prescriptions for sex, btw. We should see about working that into the new Health legislation before it's too late. I doubt we'd have trouble putting together a lobbying group for it..)

A

a_lost_packet_

starsinmyeyes44":2uj2stlb said:
...I remember reading about this too. I can recall that the property master on the set was named Feinberg. I'll go look in some of the ST books I have to see if they were called "Feinbergers" or something. :)

I bow to your superior intellect...

/applause

S

starsinmyeyes44

a_lost_packet_":13w0qril said:
starsinmyeyes44":13w0qril said:
...I remember reading about this too. I can recall that the property master on the set was named Feinberg. I'll go look in some of the ST books I have to see if they were called "Feinbergers" or something. :)

I bow to your superior intellect...

/applause

:oops:
I have been a serious fan of the original series since I was ten years old. I still have Star Trek quiz books, yellow with age now, with my little girl loopy handwriting all over the pages....answering the question and then filling in more detail and then recording the episode in which the answer was found. I have books about the making of the series where I underlined what I thought were important facts and also, true to my nature, placed stars next to the funniest stories. When I was trying to look up the Feinberg fact, which I didn't find last night but thought I was remembering right, I came across a "four-star" funny....if I have the time, I'll try to type it all out and post it.

S

StarRider1701

a_lost_packet_":2l2biyif said:
yevaud":2l2biyif said:

AH! That was on an episode aired late-night earlier this week. He asked if he had sex lately. :) Worf responded he had given up that particular aspect of his race...

Darn! I can see the scene but can't remember that line! I don't think lost is correct, but not sure.

"Growl for me," Q then taunts Worf. Worf obliges with his most menacing look.

This scene is repeated in one or two other episodes, Q loves taunting Worf.

H

HRacct

Anyone ever read the book Spock's World? Part of it told of the evolution of Vulcan. I always found it interesting to find out what they evolved from. To me, I think it could also explain partly why the blood may be green, but others would say no way.

Question is, what does that story say Vulcan's evolved from?

D

duluthdave

jim48":1zmt5unu said:
People look at me funny when I tell them (well, they look at me funny anyway) that Deep Space Nine was my favorite of the "other" Star Trek shows, but not immediately. I watched it irregularly for a while but somewhere around year five it grabbed me and I got hooked. It was a psycho-drama, darker than the other shows.
Same for me. The darker tone and well developed characters made DS9 my favorite of the newer Star Trek shows.

yevaud":1zmt5unu said:
I'm pretty sure the answer to this one is from the episode where Q is punished by being made human.

At one point he asks "What do I have to do to convince you I'm mortal?"

Worf's answer: "Die!"

To which Q responds "Oh how clever Worf. Eat any good books lately?" I haven't seen that episode in years, so the quotes might be a little off. But I think that's the gist of it.

Y

yevaud

StarRider1701":1mvh5f51 said:
a_lost_packet_":1mvh5f51 said:
yevaud":1mvh5f51 said:

AH! That was on an episode aired late-night earlier this week. He asked if he had sex lately. :) Worf responded he had given up that particular aspect of his race...

Darn! I can see the scene but can't remember that line! I don't think lost is correct, but not sure.

"Growl for me," Q then taunts Worf. Worf obliges with his most menacing look.

This scene is repeated in one or two other episodes, Q loves taunting Worf.

I was keeping quiet, just in case there were multiple answers for my question (apparently there are, so it's all good). Dave has it (mostly) correct. The reference I was thinking of was when Q appears on the Bridge, and greets Worf with, "Hello, Worf, eaten any good books lately?" :)

S

StarRider1701

In an episode of Enterprise, T-Pal tells the story of her aunt(I think?) who was stranded on Earth in the 1950s with two other Vulcans. They made friends with the locals of a small town and awaited rescue. At the end, just before they are rescued, what bit of Vulcan technology is sold to further the young human's education?

Y

yevaud

God, I am a Wonk: Velcro.

When Harry Mudd's Android "friends" wigged out, who did they keep asking for guidance?

C

crazyeddie

StarRider1701":uzxflutq said:
In an episode of Enterprise, T-Pal tells the story of her aunt(I think?) who was stranded on Earth in the 1950s with two other Vulcans. They made friends with the locals of a small town and awaited rescue. At the end, just before they are rescued, what bit of Vulcan technology is sold to further the young human's education?

Yeah, that one was way too easy, too.....possibly because that was my very favorite episode of Enterprise. Of course, it was BS. Velcro was invented in 1948 and patented in 1955, two years prior to the year the episode was set in. Didn't matter, it was a lovely story!

S

StarRider1701

yevaud":2k241wou said:
God, I am a Wonk: Velcro.

When Harry Mudd's Android "friends" wigged out, who did they keep asking for guidance?

Harry Mudd, I think he called himself "Mudd the First." Or something like that.

How did Kirk get the androids to punish Mudd the First after his con was revealed?

S

starsinmyeyes44

StarRider1701":3dthcbyn said:
How did Kirk get the androids to punish Mudd the First after his con was revealed?

Many copies of "Stella" were made and they didn't obey the command to be quiet.

virtual-wife-stella-star-trek.jpg

S

StarRider1701

:lol:
starsinmyeyes44":3kwxrs9h said:
StarRider1701":3kwxrs9h said:

Many copies of "Stella" were made and they didn't obey the command to be quiet.

Stella, his lovely wife and the reason he stays in space... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Harcort! Fenton! Mudd!!!" OH God I can still hear that horrid screeching voice, almost felt sorry for the guy!

Y

yevaud

"500! Kirk, you can't do this to me!!!!!"

And the answer to my question was "Norman." "Norman, correlate..."

A

a_lost_packet_

starsinmyeyes44":zya0ee8z said:
..Many copies of "Stella" were made and they didn't obey the command to be quiet.

ssseggzzy...

Oh wait, she talks?

Nevermind...

M

Mee_n_Mac

yevaud":nm8o2qgq said:

I'm pretty sure it was "Norman, co-ordinate ...".

Time for a geek-off ! :cool:

S

StarRider1701

yevaud":2wn9xsva said:

That's right, they had a central brain. Not a real good one either, because overloading it was too easy. Until Spock got his hands on it!!!

Musta been using an original Intel processor... :lol:

This one might be a little tougher.
In Voyager the ship crashed into an Ice Planet and all hands were lost except Harry and Chekote(sp). When they went back to try and undo that event, who was the Captain of the Starship that tried to stop them?

Y

yevaud

StarRider1701":2687e2ut said:
Musta been using an original Intel processor... :lol:

You mean the one that's 99.92736548% certain that 2+ 2 = 5? :)

C

crazyeddie

StarRider1701":30rtu8be said:
In Voyager the ship crashed into an Ice Planet and all hands were lost except Harry and Chekote(sp). When they went back to try and undo that event, who was the Captain of the Starship that tried to stop them?

Geordie LaForge!

M

MeteorWayne

OK, I'm in. This is for users UNDER 50 years old.

"Monsters....Monsters from the Id"

C

Couerl

MeteorWayne":3dnoyw7q said:
OK, I'm in. This is for users UNDER 50 years old.

"Monsters....Monsters from the Id"

The doc on Forbiden Planet. Too easy.

How about a short story, hint (from Asimov Presents) I forget which year.. The last line of the story is "The bunglers!" :lol:

S

StarRider1701

crazyeddie":304zhklv said:
StarRider1701":304zhklv said:

Geordie LaForge!

We have a Winner, give the man one million Quatloos! Captain LaForge, sans eyewear. He musta gotten that newfangled Lasic surgery!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know the answer to the previous posters question (no Quatloos for me :( ) so I'll ask a diff question.

Ok, books. Heinlein, Puppet Masters. Where did they come from and how did our heroes figure it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.