shuttle rollout dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ambrous1

Is there a site with rollout dates?  I will be at KSC between April 5-12 and would like to know if STS-124 will be on the pad.  Thanks

Q

qso1

<p>That info seems tougher to come by these days. In this case I suspect because its an upcoming mission. I went to the NASA site and a few others and didn't see any info on rollout.</p><p>And if NASA doesn't publicize it, who could know?</p><p>You might try contacting the NASA Public Affairs Office (PAO) by E-mail or phone to see if they have any info. Rollouts usually occur one to two months prior to launch but I know thats not much to go by.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>That info seems tougher to come by these days. In this case I suspect because its an upcoming mission. I went to the NASA site and a few others and didn't see any info on rollout.And if NASA doesn't publicize it, who could know?You might try contacting the NASA Public Affairs Office (PAO) by E-mail or phone to see if they have any info. Rollouts usually occur one to two months prior to launch but I know thats not much to go by.&nbsp; <br />Posted by qso1</DIV></p><p>I don't think they know precisely since it depends on the eventual launch date selected, as well as how smoothly the processing of the Shuttle goes.</p><p>They usually announce it a few days in advance.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

B

bpcooper

STS-124 will likely not roll out that early but I have not yet seen an official date. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

S

SpaceKiwi

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'><font color="#3366ff">Is there a site with rollout dates?&nbsp; I will be at KSC between April 5-12 and would like to know if STS-124 will be on the pad.&nbsp; Thanks <br /></font><strong>Posted by ambrous1</strong></DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>If the April 24th launch date had held, you would have been right on the money.&nbsp; However, it could be touch and go for you now.&nbsp; The repairs for earlier ET's held up the arrival of STS-124's one at KSC which, in turn, holds up the stacking in the VAB.&nbsp; As far as I know, that's the factor restricting an earlier roll to the pad.</p><p>Launch is scheduled for May 25th, though they are apparently reserving the option to go a few days earlier than that.&nbsp; They are only pushing the launch back&nbsp;a month because of bad sun angles through the beginning of May, not because they are way behind in processing.&nbsp; Therefore, given they need two or three weeks (I think) at the pad to process the stack for launch, and assuming the ET delay only pushed things a few days, they could be about ready to rollout around the time you're in Florida.</p><p>All of which is a convoluted way of saying the other guys are right.&nbsp; Too early to know at this point, but you might get lucky.&nbsp; Like the others, I couldn't find anything from NASA indicating they have made a decision on rollout.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>SK<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em><font size="2" color="#ff0000">Who is this superhero?  Henry, the mild-mannered janitor ... could be!</font></em></p><p><em><font size="2">-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</font></em></p><p><font size="5">Bring Back The Black!</font></p> </div>

B

bpcooper

STS-124 is targetted for rollout on May 5. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>STS-124 is targetted for rollout on May 5. <br />Posted by bpcooper</DIV></p><p>Thanx for the update, Ben</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

C

Cygnus_X_1

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Is there a site with rollout dates?&nbsp; I will be at KSC between April 5-12 and would like to know if STS-124 will be on the pad.&nbsp; Thanks <br /> Posted by ambrous1</DIV></p><p>Just a note, you can't really see the shuttle once at the pad.&nbsp; It is covered up by structure&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts