Star Trek "Enterprise"

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vogon13

Doomsday Machine episode really was enhanced (IMO) with the CGI. The effects on the original episode had not held up over time. In some scenes, stars could be seen through the neutronium hull of the DM. Even the final walk around scene on the bridge was fixed, as Kirk and Spock walked in front of the view screen, you could still see the DM, in the original, it wasn't visible, and it always bugged me. In the original episode, the Constellation model was actually a cheap Revel (IIRC) model, singed with a cigarette lighter, way better in CGI.<br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

S

specfiction

Here's my two-cents--I really liked Enterprise. I don't think there was anything wrong with it. In terms of the "temporal" war--I think that was a good idea. In comparison, Battle Star has a plot that can't support extended interest. There is no sense of exploration, which is what made ST so unusual--everything else is based on that least-common-denominator--war with robots, war with aliens, war with monsters, war with war—gets tiresome. The captain on Battle Star always acts like he's on downers--doesn't hold my interest.<br /><br />I think Enterprise eventually failed because it was on an inconvenient station, on inconvenient days.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts