'Star Trek Online' teams with IDW for more dark adventures in the Mirror Universe (exclusive)

I am a huge supporter and player of STO. I hate to even admit how much money I have spent on this game.
It's unfortunate they are doubling down on the alternate universe stories. They have never been a particular favourite of mine, and I get tired of their "oh, we're so much better than you" attitudes, no matter how much you kick their butts. It would be nice if they would just admit they get their butts kicked once in a while. I am also not a fan of standing there doing nothing while they monologue. I could shoot them and win, but the game won't let me. This makes a game feel cheap. Nothing like watching a bad buy monologue, pull out his weapon and shoot someone, and then beam out while you haven't even drawn your weapon. Totally unrealistic.

I wasn't a big fan of it in DS9 either. Just gave the actors a chance to act all smarmy.
I still have a lot of fun in STO, but as they add more and more "new 'trek" into the mix I am finding myself liking it less and less.
I have a pretty significant Star Trek collection at home. Many items worth thousands of dollars. I have been thinking about selling it all lately. They have completely destroyed this franchise for me. Toxic producers tend to do that.

STO has always been a diamond in the rough until now.

It's funny how Paramount and CBS are basically telling fans where to go now, in favour of fans of the new shows. They are not Star Trek fans, they are just fans of the new shows, which are not 'Trek (I bet few of them used to watch and enjoy the old shows). And not one single person among them will ever purchase a collection worth thousands, like myself and many other 'Trek fans have done over the decades. Seems to me they are targeting the wrong people.

Latest posts