Star Trek Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cookie_thief

Does anyone know if there is a Game/Sim out there that gives the user unfettered access to the interior of the starship Enterprise (any of them), like exploring the corridors, checking out Ten Forward, Engineering, etc? It's just something I've always wanted to do but, in the thirty years or so of consumer software, I've never seen anything even remotely like this. Am I wrong? Does Paramount have something to do with this?

A

a_lost_packet_

I haven't seen one since the first iteration of the production of Star Trek Online where they, or an associated site, had a free VRML tour of some parts of a Federation ship. But, since production has gone to another company (and I never really kept up with it anyway) I haven't seen a similar effort put forward.

However, there are plenty of 3D models out there of various Star Trek ship-interior locations that are true to the cannon. Many are textured well enough to for medium resolution rendering. (I don't know of any that have accurate buttons on panels and the like.) Go to ShareCG.com and do a search on "space ship interior" or "bridge" and other, similar names, that don't directly infringe upon the name "Star Trek." You'll find several producers that have created them. Some unique for certain programs but, almost all use the Wavefront Object (*.obj) format which is usable by just about any 3D application. Then, download a free 3D object viewer and... there ya go. :)

C

cookie_thief

Thanks A_L_P. Not exactly what I had in mind, but I'll check out those sites anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts