Stay logged in between sessions with Firefox!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobw

I found a way to stay logged on, or at least not have to log on each time I start Firefox. Probably something like it in IE but I'm not looking for it... I only use Linux now.

For Firefox open a blank window or tab, type about:config into the address bar and hit the enter key. You will see a whole potload of variables to play with. Look for this one:

browser.startup.page default integer 1

Right click on the line and select modify. Type in a 3. The entry will now look like this:

browser.startup.page user set ingeger 3

What it does is set everything like it was when you closed down last time. Even if I am visiting the BBC when I shut down, going to good ol' Space dot Com finds me logged in. Works for me and I'm doing it!

I am wondering if DH makes it so nobody ever logs out will everybody have their blue diagonal stripe on all the time?

N

nec208

Most message boards log you out after a set time of not active .That say you get up in the morning go to this message board start to post threads and read messages and someone comes over and 2 hours later you come back and have to long in again.Most messages board long you out after 30 minutes of not being active.

A

adrenalynn

No. The blue diagonal strip "online" indicator is based on activity, no cookie status.

I'm having no problems this week, since the last major update, of pulling up a new browser window any time and being already "logged in". To me, that problem was addressed earlier this week and now works as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts