Stay logged in between sessions with Firefox!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobw

I found a way to stay logged on, or at least not have to log on each time I start Firefox. Probably something like it in IE but I'm not looking for it... I only use Linux now.

For Firefox open a blank window or tab, type about:config into the address bar and hit the enter key. You will see a whole potload of variables to play with. Look for this one:

browser.startup.page default integer 1

Right click on the line and select modify. Type in a 3. The entry will now look like this:

browser.startup.page user set ingeger 3

What it does is set everything like it was when you closed down last time. Even if I am visiting the BBC when I shut down, going to good ol' Space dot Com finds me logged in. Works for me and I'm doing it!

I am wondering if DH makes it so nobody ever logs out will everybody have their blue diagonal stripe on all the time?

N

nec208

Most message boards log you out after a set time of not active .That say you get up in the morning go to this message board start to post threads and read messages and someone comes over and 2 hours later you come back and have to long in again.Most messages board long you out after 30 minutes of not being active.

A

adrenalynn

No. The blue diagonal strip "online" indicator is based on activity, no cookie status.

I'm having no problems this week, since the last major update, of pulling up a new browser window any time and being already "logged in". To me, that problem was addressed earlier this week and now works as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.