STS-126 (STS-400) Processing/launch

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Looks like STS-126 is now at bat, with STS-125 on deck for early 2009!http://www.floridatoday.com/content/blogs/space/2008/09/nasa-delays-hubble-mission-to-2009.shtml <br />Posted by emerrill</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>That is <strong>NO EARLIER THAN</strong> Feb. 2009. I <strong>think</strong> STS-126 will end up launching in May with STS-127 as the rescue mission.</p><p>That is a big hit to Ares 1X since they do not get Pad B or our MLP until STS-125 launches.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

bpcooper

They are now officially targeting Nov. 14 at 7:55pm. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>They are now officially targeting Nov. 14 at 7:55pm. <br />Posted by bpcooper</DIV><br /><br />OT- Ben, I appear to have misplaced my link to your site. Can you refresh my RAM? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

B

bpcooper

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>OT- Ben, I appear to have misplaced my link to your site. Can you refresh my RAM? <br /> Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>My site is http://www.launchphotography.com/ :) </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>My site is http://www.launchphotography.com/ :) <br />Posted by bpcooper</DIV><br /><br />Thanx, I've saved it where I can find it. I won't lose it again, unless I feel like giving you another plug :) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

E

emerrill

Will OV-104 now be the LON vehicle for STS-126, since it is obviously way further along in the flow than OV-103? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

bpcooper

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Will OV-104 now be the LON vehicle for STS-126, since it is obviously way further along in the flow than OV-103? <br /> Posted by emerrill</DIV></p><p>I believe STS-124 was the last ISS flight that had a LON requirement. With STS-126 the ISS will have its human capability expanded such that they will simply call STS-119 the "rescue" flight if it needed to be. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

E

emerrill

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I believe STS-124 was the last ISS flight that had a LON requirement. With STS-126 the ISS will have its human capability expanded such that they will simply call STS-119 the "rescue" flight if it needed to be. <br /> Posted by bpcooper</DIV></p><p>Ah, so I read. So does this just boil down to that ISS is capable of supporting station crew plus shuttle crew for long enough that an orbiter can be put through the an entire flow - ie an orbiter can be comletely turned in the time avalible on station? </p><p>Anybody have any clue if this were to happen with a 6 person station crew, if they could bring 3 of them back on one of the Soyuz?&nbsp; </p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p>{bump since there's some good stuff in here}</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>They are now officially targeting Nov. 14 at 7:55pm. <br />Posted by bpcooper</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>That day and time is not&nbsp;official. The FRR will set the official day&nbsp;next week.&nbsp;In any event that date and time is based on STS-125 not being able to launch in the Feb/May time frame. If Hubble can launch in Feb. STS-126 will launch in March.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Will OV-104 now be the LON vehicle for STS-126, since it is obviously way further along in the flow than OV-103? <br />Posted by emerrill</DIV></p><p>The ISS mission will no longer have an official LON mission assigned. This is because there are enough consumables on the ISS to keep the stranged Shuttle crew there for around 3 months. The next Shuttle in line (in this case STS-125) would have the rescue duty.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Ah, so I read. So does this just boil down to that ISS is capable of supporting station crew plus shuttle crew for long enough that an orbiter can be put through the an entire flow - ie an orbiter can be comletely turned in the time avalible on station? Anybody have any clue if this were to happen with a 6 person station crew, if they could bring 3 of them back on one of the Soyuz?&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />Posted by emerrill</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>There will be 2 Soyuz vehicles at the ISS at all times when the crew is expanded to 6 (planned after STS-127 in May 2009). The Soyuz can not bring more than 3 crewmen back at one time.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>{bump since there's some good stuff in here} <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>Adverse weather is predicted for KSC for the STS-126 roll from pad B to Pad A on Saturday. If the roll over is delayed by a few days the launch day should not change since we currently have 4 contingency days in the pad flow. <br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><strong>Oct. 21, 2008 <br /></strong>The Space Shuttle Program's two-day Flight Readiness Review, or FRR, for Endeavour's STS-126 mission will wrap up Wednesday. <br /><br />From this week's FRR discussions, decisions about preparedness for launch will be taken to the agency-level Flight Readiness Review that will be held Oct. 30-31 at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. <br /><br />At that time the launch date will be set and shuttle processing will continue toward the projected liftoff date. <br /><br />A news conference broadcast on NASA TV will follow the FRR to announce the official launch date. <br /><br />Back at Kennedy's Space Station Processing Facility, the STS-126 Multi-Purpose Logistics Module is scheduled to be transferred to Launch Pad 39A on Wednesday. <br /><br />Workers are now turning their attention to Endeavour's move off of Launch Pad 39B. <br /><br />The crawler-transporter will glide under the shuttle, stacked on the mobile launcher platform, for Endeavour's Saturday roll around to Pad A. <br /><br />At Johnson Space Center's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory today, STS-126 mission astronauts Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper and Steve Bowen are rehearsing spacewalking techniques. <br /><br />Endeavour is targeted to lift off at<strong> 7:55 p.m. EST, Nov. 14</strong> on the 27th shuttle mission to the International Space Station. <br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>The STS-126 payload has arrived at&nbsp;Pad A and is being installed into the Payload Changeout Room (PCR).Payload details:http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20081022/NEWS02/810220313&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL <br />Posted by shuttle_guy</DIV></p><p>The empty payload canister has been removed from Pad A however the Shuttle move from pad B has not started as scheduled due to weather concerns. The move is currently 48 min. behind schedule as the weather is reviewed.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>The empty payload canister has been removed from Pad A however the Shuttle move from pad B has not started as scheduled due to weather concerns. The move is currently 48 min. behind schedule as the weather is reviewed. <br />Posted by shuttle_guy</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The move to Pad A just started.&nbsp; Estimated hard down at pad A is 1600 hrs local (GMT minus 4 hrs)<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>A beautiful picture !The last time we will have 2 Space Shuttles on the launch pads. Sandra and I are in this picture...sort of. I had taken her to&nbsp; Playalinda beach to see this view. We are in the little rain shower looking at the rainbow and the helicopter taking this picture !&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by shuttle_guy</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The evehicle has been powered up at pad A to start the pad flow. </p><p>&nbsp;Launch in 3 weeks.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p>No problems are being worked.</p><p>Major events this week:</p><p>Stow and checkout the space suits,</p><p>Perform a practice countdown with the crew (who arrive at KSC yesterday)</p><p>Final Main Engine tests of the thrust vector control system</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><span class="bold">NASA to Hold News Conference about Status of Next Shuttle Launch </span></p><p>CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- NASA managers have scheduled a news conference at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida for no earlier than 6 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Oct. 30, to discuss the status of the next space shuttle launch. The news conference will begin after the conclusion of the Flight Readiness Review, a meeting to assess preparations for shuttle Endeavour's STS-126 mission to the International Space Station. <br /><br />The review is expected to include the selection of an official launch date. Endeavour currently is targeted to launch at 7:55 p.m. on Nov. 14. <br /><br />The briefing participants are: <br />- Associate Administrator for Space Operations Bill Gerstenmaier <br />- Space Shuttle Program Manager John Shannon <br />- Space Shuttle Launch Director Mike Leinbach <br /><br /><br />For NASA TV streaming video, downlink and scheduling information, visit: <br /></p><p align="center">http://www.nasa.gov/ntv </p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>No problems are being worked.Major events this week:Stow and checkout the space suits,Perform a practice countdown with the crew (who arrive at KSC yesterday)Final Main Engine tests of the thrust vector control system <br />Posted by shuttle_guy</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The Flight Readiness test on the main engines is complete with no problems. The hydraulic systems has been closedout for flight.</p><p>The practice countdown for the crew training has started. The simulated T-0 is tomorrow around 1100 hrs. Actually the "cut off" will be given a few sec. before T-0. The ET is not loaded with propellants for this test.</p><p>The L-1 day crew briefing is at 1300 hrs today.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p>Thanx, s_g</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>NASA will host a media teleconference at 5 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Oct. 30, to discuss the status of the upcoming shuttle servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Yes and the NASA TV news conference concerning STS 126 is scheduled for NET 6 PM EDT. Busy evening!!</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p>&nbsp;</p><p>The time of Thursday's media teleconference to discuss the status of the shuttle servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope has changed to 5:30 p.m. EDT. A news conference at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida to discuss the status of the next space shuttle launch now will begin no earlier than 6:30 p.m.</p><p>Due to the US' funky implimetation of Daylight Saving Time, they are 2130 and 2230 UT.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;The time of Thursday's media teleconference to discuss the status of the shuttle servicing mission to the Hubble Space Telescope has changed to 5:30 p.m. EDT. A news conference at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida to discuss the status of the next space shuttle launch now will begin no earlier than 6:30 p.m.Due to the US' funky implimetation of Daylight Saving Time, they are 2130 and 2230 UT. <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The Official launch date is confirmed as Nov. 14th. The launch could not be moved up because of crew training constraints.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.