STS 126 (ULF2) Endeavour post launch mission.

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Go for deorbit burn... <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV><br /><br />Succesful burn, the Orbiter will land in about 50 minutes. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

T

Testing

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Succesful burn, the Orbiter will land in about 50 minutes. <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV><br /><br />All shuttles have to come Home eventualy. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

L

lampblack

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>All shuttles have to come Home eventualy. <br /> Posted by Testing</DIV></p><p><font size="2">Yep... this one was no exception. Looked perfect from here.</font></p><p><font size="2">"We're happy to be here in California." </font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#0000ff"><strong>Just tell the truth and let the chips fall...</strong></font> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Yep... this one was no exception. Looked perfect from here."We're happy to be here in California." <br />Posted by lampblack</DIV><br /><br />Shuttle and 747 carrier about to land at KSC now on NASA TV <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Shuttle and 747 carrier about to land at KSC now on NASA TV <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV><br /><br />And it has safely. It's amazing how little of the runway gets used, despite the much larger weight when you are landing an aircraft, not a flying brick :) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

E

emerrill

<p>Any idea how long til they pick the Orbiter off, then into the OPF?</p><p>thanks </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Any idea how long til they pick the Orbiter off, then into the OPF?thanks <br />Posted by emerrill</DIV><br /><br />Not me, that's probably a question for s_g, but he could be flying home now... <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

R

rocketwatcher2001

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Not me, that's probably a question for s_g, but he could be flying home now... <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Damn! I was outside scanning the sky looking for it and I missed it.&nbsp; I've never seen the 747 with the Orbiter on it before and I was hoping to today.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

Testing

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Not me, that's probably a question for s_g, but he could be flying home now... <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>Good thing they both got out of here. Winter wonderland right now. Antelope Valley paralyzed. Still snowing.</p><p>http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CA_CALIFORNIA_STORM_CAOL-?SITE=KNXAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT</p><p>Current Edwards AFB radar</p><p>http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/lox/scripts/animate.php?root=radar_cr&list=EYX_7.png,EYX_6.png,EYX_5.png,EYX_4.png,EYX_3.png,EYX_2.png,EYX_1.png,EYX_0.png</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Any idea how long til they pick the Orbiter off, then into the OPF?thanks <br />Posted by emerrill</DIV></p><p>The Orbiter was taken off of the 747 and towed back to the OPF in about 12 hours.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;Damn! I was outside scanning the sky looking for it and I missed it.&nbsp; I've never seen the 747 with the Orbiter on it before and I was hoping to today. <br />Posted by rocketwatcher2001</DIV></p><p>Too bad, it flew over your area around 1445 hrs after making one low pass over the runway.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Good thing they both got out of here. Winter wonderland right now. Antelope Valley paralyzed. Still snowing.http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CA_CALIFORNIA_STORM_CAOL-?SITE=KNXAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULTCurrent Edwards AFB radarhttp://www.wrh.noaa.gov/lox/scripts/animate.php?root=radar_cr&list=EYX_7.png,EYX_6.png,EYX_5.png,EYX_4.png,EYX_3.png,EYX_2.png,EYX_1.png,EYX_0.png <br />Posted by Testing</DIV></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I am happy I got out of there !</p><p>Sorry about not getting together but it was a very busy recovery...long hours with no day off.&nbsp;</p><p><br /><br />&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

Testing

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;I am happy I got out of there !Sorry about not getting together but it was a very busy recovery...long hours with no day off.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Posted by shuttle_guy</DIV><br />Not to worry my friend. I believe we have a few more flights. Best wishes to you and family for the holiday. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts