Tachyons

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jatslo

I was just trying to imagine/illustrate a tachyon, or tachyon fragments crossing over during a paradox, like a droplet hitting a pool of water, as in a splash, but like I said, I am too pissed off, sorry.<br /><br />Even if it did cross over, we probably wouldn't see it, so why bother? Two posts above my diagram I posted a water droplet. I'm not trying to prove, I am exploring.<br /><br />The center of the following particle annihilation is black, and maybe tachyons are burping through?!?!?:

D

dellcom200

"If I wanted this kind of crap, I would post in Yahoo!"<br /><br />so to solve a problem, goto yahoo and get "this crap" and then no-one on this board has to deal with you any more <br /><br />seems simple enough to me<br /><br />

J

jurgens

jatslo... do you even know what a paradox is?<br /><br />because your not using the term correctly at all.

S

Saiph

in order to explore and still describe reality, you must step from one statement to another in a logical fashion. Even sheer speculation in the scientific realm does this. It basically follow the form of:<br /><br />If a, then b, if B, then C.<br />If C and D are true, the E may be too.<br /><br />Now, these aren't absolute statements. It's more like, if A, then B is a possibility.<br /><br />Unfortunately, you start with false initial conditions, A (the property's of tachyons you espouse) is not true in your case, so the rest can't follow from there. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

J

jatslo

kmarinas86,<br /><br />No, that's just a signature. I also loaded it in my profile. I manage a e-business, so that I can work from home and care for my handicapped child. I used to work for IBM Corp, before my child was hurt.<br /><br />I am here because I am passionate about science. I have always been. I have crazy ideas that I want to talk about, but these textbook huggers won't let my imagination run.

J

jatslo

I didn't even get to finish, they started bashing me before my image loaded, by then I was to upset.

D

dellcom200

" but these textbook huggers won't let my imagination run."<br /><br />no one is stopping your imagination from running, but imagination from imaginary facts doesnt lead you anywhere. There has to be some "textbook" fact that is accepted to a point to have knowlage/understanding move forward.<br />

J

jatslo

Were not in a LAB, and I don't need to provide a detailed analysis of anything. Were just having a conversation, in which I am breaching sensationalism, and your breaching arrogance! Plain and simple!<br /><br />You lack imagination, and you are nothing without your textbook hugging arrogance!<br /><br />Leave me ALONE!!! You have NOTHING to contribute!!!

J

jurgens

If it makes you feel any better jatslo, the only textbook I have read this whole year is a book on Linear Algebra and Spherical Astronomy, in fact I haven't touched any of my physics textbooks for my classes(I either know the material or its taught very well in class by my teachers).<br /><br />So calling me a textbook hugger is a bit ironic isn't it?

J

jatslo

Stating that you're a source on physics, and stating that you have never read a physics book is IRONIC!!!<br /><br />Besides, I can care less, I'm here to talk, that's is IT!

C

CalliArcale

That's fine, jatslo, but remember that others came here to talk too. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they lose their right to talk.<br /><br />Imagination is a great and wonderful thing. But sooner or later, if you want to apply it to the real world, you have to factor in real world data. I can imagine gigantic aliens living inside the Sun, pressing on its inner surface with their fingers to produce sunspots. But that's useless for actual study of the Sun if it doesn't mesh with actual observations. If you're going to post in Space Science & Astronomy rather than Science Fiction (and even there, to some degree), you need to be prepared for people to bring actual space science & astronomy to the discussion. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

J

jatslo

OPen the thread in flat mode, and tell me that again.<br /><br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br />Ad hominem<br /><br />Is this the sort of thing that I can expect?

K

kmarinas86

tachyons<br />stachyon<br />synthaco<br />synathco<br />caythons<br />sothcany<br />toshyano<br />tosynaho<br />sonychat!!!!<br /><br /><br />sorry =P nothing better to do in this thread.

S

silylene old

kmarinas86: LOL ! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

M

mrmorris

<font color="yellow">"Is this the sort of thing that I can expect? "</font><br /><br />Yes. You can. Because what is <b>really</b> happening in regards to the posters on this board and your brand of posts is:<br /><br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br />ad nauseum <br /><br />You have exhausted the patience of every poster that has tried to work with you. No one cares anymore whether you truly <b>want</b> to learn or not, as it's obvious that you refuse to.

C

CalliArcale

jatslo,<br /><br />I don't delete posts because a user is angry. Nor do I ban users over that. You are free to post anytime you like. If you don't want to post again, just don't. It's totally up to you that way.<br /><br />And I normally read threads in flat mode. It's much easier to moderate than threaded mode. You cannot expect me to delete posts that simply disagree with you. Something is not an ad hominem merely because it doesn't totally support your position. We believe in freedom of speech here. That cuts two ways; it means not only do you get to say what you believe, but it means other people get to do that too. If they don't agree with you, they are allowed to say so and explain why. Calling them "textbook huggers" for wanting to work off of established fact isn't a good way to engender their sympathy.<br /><br />Everybody else,<br /><br />It's time to back off, okay? Your points have been made. Try to go easier on jatslo. Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean he shouldn't be respected. I know it can feel tempting to cut somebody down when they say something you think is silly, but it's really not nice. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

N

najab

><i>The center of the following particle annihilation is black, and maybe tachyons are burping through?!?!?</i><p>We already told you, the centre appears black because there's no detector there.</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts