the big bang

Page 4 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lukman

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr /><p> The universe may have started from a single point that was absurdly small! A point with a diameter of about 10^-33 centimeters. In other words, a 1 in the 33rd decimal place, 0.000000000000000000000000000000001 cm. <p><hr /></p></p></blockquote><br /><br />It is plank length right, and it should also contained plank mass. But i thought the big bang was started from infinite mass and size. Even a black hole is that way. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

W

weeman

Yes, I believe it is also known as the Planck length. The Planck length, named after the German physicist Max Planck, is also measured out like this:<br /><br />1.6x10^-35 meters<br />6.3x10^-34 inches.<br /><br />Or a little more simple, 10^-20 times the diameter of a proton.<br /><br />I looked for a more exact definition of Planck length, and this is what I found:<br /><br /><i> It is the scale at which classical ideas about gravity and space-time cease to be valid, and quantum effects dominate. </i><br /><br />Also, often associated with the Planck length is Planck time. I also searched for a definition on this as well:<br /><br /><i> The Planck time is the time it would take a photon travelling at the speed of light to move across a distance equal to the Planck length. </i> <br /><br />And where do we go from this?<br /><br />The absolute earliest time period of the universe, shortly after the big bang. The planck time roughly comes out to 10^-43 seconds. It was in this time in which the framework of the universe already began to take shape. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Techies: We do it in the dark. </font></strong></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.</strong><strong>" -Albert Einstein </strong></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts