Giveaway This Month’s Giveaway is all about SpaceX!

Page 5 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
For the benefit of mankind, I’d probably fire myself!

Otherwise, I’d focus some resources on an earth orbital station. Both for logistical support for refueling and other efforts with Starship, and for tourist travel. Market space travel to the billionaire set as more status than a 400 foot yacht. Maybe even offer time share space condos, staffed with space chefs, fine wines, and other luxuries. Get mega-rich idiots competing with one another for real estate in the space station, rather than custom 757 private jets and 20,000 ft^2 mansions. Oh, yeah and make mega profits from them to support space activities!

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
If I was in charge of SpaceX I would put cameras and Doppler radar on all the new satellite’s being put into orbit, so we can help to Analyze weather patterns to help create better early warning system for hurricanes and tornadoes on Earth! This could help on Mars to find safe landing zones and help future colonist’s with a warning of upcoming storms, I would also put myself on the deer moon mission which is one of the most exciting missions in recent history! We are going back to the moon! #elon #dearmoon #yousuck2020 #spaceX #dearmooncrewcanidate

I would work directly with Elon Musk as he has been instrumental in the creation of Tesla ,SpaceX, and all of its moving parts, it would be a pleasure to work and learn from such an amazingly talented insightful person with an unrelenting drive to succeed in space and on Earth!

I have a few ideas that I would love to sit down with Elon and discuss I have an idea that could help with solar flares and radiation Prevention on the spacecraft and the new space suits

Help create a system to clean up space debris as to not to interfere with our satellites and future astronaut flights

I’m excited for the future moon colonization and steppingstone for mars missions this is an exciting time in our history that I’m proud to be part of! I would love the opportunity to be a SpaceX astronaut. Elon musk has really renewed the excitement we Had in our space program!

Elon musk are you going to design a moon tesla to be driven on the moon. I have some ideas it might be Useful to make this vehicle work a variety of different ways, Such as away to make it easier for astronauts to gather collection samples directly from the surface and place them in the trunk/storage containment without contamination

Elon musk are you going to design a moon tesla to be driven on the moon. I have some ideas it might be Useful to make this vehicle work a variety of different ways, Such as away to make it easier for astronauts to gather collection samples directly from the surface and place them in the trunk/storage containment without contamination
#Elon #spacex

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
I would like to start working on the spaceship so that we can travel anywhere in our solar system and make humanity multi planetery species as soon as possible.
Ano I would also like to add some extra features to Reusable Rockets.

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
If put in charge I would add a workpod development that could be used on spacecraft or the ISS or future space stations. This would open up industries into space navigation for the computer guidence the pods would need. Along with designing a workpod that could be used with minimal training which would lead to mankind moving and working out in space...beccause manpower will be lacking eventually. This new division would also include robotic assistance when working in space. Which would have an ultimate goal of having an a robot assist drone also capable of helping an astronaut return to the station should say the tether ever break.
When one figures that soon Space-X will be able to send up 100+ tons of cargo a month, or more with a starship. This means that a new space station 3 times bigger than the current one could be built in a year or less. Something this size would require workpods, workdrones, drone assistants, etc. for the future of space exploration.

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
Do not have the $ for a television - SpaceX and I really don't know how long before I even lose internet and telephone. It would be nice to know more on Space and SpaceX.

If Elon put me in charge of SpaceX,
I would do first
thing:
1. Move the flight operations to the competent hard-working rocketeers at M.A.R.S., the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport along Virginia's Eastern Shore.
Many corporate, governmental and NGO's (Like the Chamber of Commerce) put their time, inspirations ans ideas together to make the facility so much more than a suborbital launch site.
Centrally located, launches of the Antares stack have been seen as far west Wash. D.C., Pennsylbania and north to New York and as far south as the Grand Bahamas.
Mr. Robt. Goddard's intuition was far seeing. But it has evolved into so much more than anyone could foresee. Truly a quality launch site.

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

Are you a fan of SpaceX? You'll love this giveaway!

giphy.gif

Folks, we’re following up our regular schedule of giveaways with a huge one: we’re giving away some SpaceX swag!

Elon Musk’s space-bound company has been accelerating its astronomical aspirations recently. Even when something goes wrong, it’s refreshing to see money, resources, and (most importantly) outright persistence dedicated to the exploration of space!

To celebrate this spirit, we’re teaming up with The Space Store once more! We asked you what sort of giveaway you wanted to see...and the community has spoken! One lucky winner will be walking away with two prizes:
  1. (1) SpaceX Crew 2 Mission Patch Cap
  2. (1) SpaceX Patch Guidebook
All you have to do is follow the below instructions to enter before 11:59 PM ET on May 7th, 2021!
  1. Log in or register at the Space.com forums.
  2. Reply to this post and let us know what you would do first if Elon put you in charge of SpaceX.
  3. Enter the giveaway via this widget.

Terms & Conditions

The giveaway - 'Win Some SpaceX Swag' (“Sweepstakes”) - begins at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 7th, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 7th 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”).

ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open worldwide, to users age 16 years or over. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Future PLC. (“Sponsor”), Space.com and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.

HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit this thread (“Sweepstakes Entry Page”) during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the directions to enter the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, is not in compliance with these Official Rules.

WINNER DETERMINATION: Potential winners will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing on or about May 9th, 2021 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to winner determination are final and binding.

WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be contacted via email and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release (except where prohibited), and a liability release within five (5) days of date of issuance. Return of a prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by a potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.

PRIZE

(1) SpaceX Crew 2 Mission Patch Cap
(1) SpaceX Patch Guidebook

Prizes are non-assignable and non transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Winners may not substitute a prize, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/email address/household.

PUBLICITY GRANT: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission from entrant for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, social media username, city and state of residence and likeness (including, without limitation, social media profile photo), for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein.

GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) to assume all risk, responsibility and liability for any personal bodily injury, losses, harm, damage (including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and death), claim (including, without limitation, claims based on copyright or trademark infringement, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation and portrayal in a false light), actions, costs and expenses directly or indirectly arising from participation in this Sweepstakes; and (c) to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of the foregoing entities’ respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, agents and employees and their successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the operation of this Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance or use of the prize. Released Parties are not responsible for (i) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled Entry Actions, entries, tweets or comments or messages; (ii) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications; (iii) failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; (iv) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (v) other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Entry Action or Sweepstakes-related materials; (vi) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or (vii) injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or a Sponsor page or social media account, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) and if terminated, at its discretion, select winner at random from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.

DATA COLLECTION: Information submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes will be used in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Policy, available at https://www.futureplc.com/privacy-policy/

SPONSOR: Future Plc., 150 Fifth Avenue, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10011

This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.

Terms & Conditions | © Future Communities
Put me on the midnight train to Mars!

As a fan of all things marketing, I'd create a campaign so that everyone would clamor to be on the first true vacation from this world & create a massive buzz - something that would get people away from griping about everything & put their energy into something greater than themselves.
To be honest,I actually believe that would be a really cool idea my friend LOL

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
Start planning early supply drops of some basic constructions and survival materials on both the moon and mars. Then work on developing some automated mining procedures for asteroids.

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

giphy.gif

Folks, we’re following up our regular schedule of giveaways with a huge one: we’re giving away some SpaceX swag!

Elon Musk’s space-bound company has been accelerating its astronomical aspirations recently. Even when something goes wrong, it’s refreshing to see money, resources, and (most importantly) outright persistence dedicated to the exploration of space!

To celebrate this spirit, we’re teaming up with The Space Store once more! We asked you what sort of giveaway you wanted to see...and the community has spoken! One lucky winner will be walking away with two prizes:
All you have to do is follow the below instructions to enter before 11:59 PM ET on May 7th, 2021!
  2. Reply to this post and let us know what you would do first if Elon put you in charge of SpaceX.

Terms & Conditions

The giveaway - 'Win Some SpaceX Swag' (“Sweepstakes”) - begins at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 7th, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 7th 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”).

ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open worldwide, to users age 16 years or over. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Future PLC. (“Sponsor”), Space.com and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, including any vendors providing services in connection with this Sweepstakes, and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.

HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit this thread (“Sweepstakes Entry Page”) during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the directions to enter the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, is not in compliance with these Official Rules.

WINNER DETERMINATION: Potential winners will be selected by Sponsor in a random drawing on or about May 9th, 2021 from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to winner determination are final and binding.

WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be contacted via email and may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release (except where prohibited), and a liability release within five (5) days of date of issuance. Return of a prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by a potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.

PRIZE

Prizes are non-assignable and non transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Winners may not substitute a prize, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/email address/household.

PUBLICITY GRANT: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission from entrant for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, social media username, city and state of residence and likeness (including, without limitation, social media profile photo), for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein.

GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (b) to assume all risk, responsibility and liability for any personal bodily injury, losses, harm, damage (including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and death), claim (including, without limitation, claims based on copyright or trademark infringement, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation and portrayal in a false light), actions, costs and expenses directly or indirectly arising from participation in this Sweepstakes; and (c) to indemnify, release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of the foregoing entities’ respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, agents and employees and their successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the operation of this Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance or use of the prize. Released Parties are not responsible for (i) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled Entry Actions, entries, tweets or comments or messages; (ii) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications; (iii) failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; (iv) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (v) other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Entry Action or Sweepstakes-related materials; (vi) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or (vii) injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or a Sponsor page or social media account, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) and if terminated, at its discretion, select winner at random from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.

DATA COLLECTION: Information submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes will be used in accordance with Sponsor’s Privacy Policy, available at https://www.futureplc.com/privacy-policy/

This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.

What would be the first thing I would do if Elon put me in charge of SpaceX? Well let's be honest here. The absolute first thing I would do is ask what will be my salary. After that, the universe is wide open.

Oct 25, 2019
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

giphy.gif

Terms & Conditions

PRIZE

Simply, continue work on colonizing the Moon... It is our stepping stone for most every endeavor we seek. This includes putting a telescope on the far side of the moon to help with BlackHole research. I would like the answer to this question: Have we seen a black hole from the side ever? Or tilted in a way to see behind it? if not, shouldn't we start focusing on that so we can determine what goes in doesn't come out (or the opposite). Thanks
Patrick

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
L9D24k8.jpg

giphy.gif

Terms & Conditions

PRIZE

Literally what I would do first is cheer!

Apr 26, 2021
Visit site
Hello, My Name is Nikki TriPps Moore.
If I Were Given control of Spacex's resources, the first thing I would do, is use those Resources to look into Compiling all of our collected knowledge of Life (dna), and Technology (internet, AI-Tech), Art, History, and Culture.
Everything, like in an encyclopedia, but an Honest Accounting of Our Nature and Tendency as well, describing the Difficulties we have Overcome, as well as the seemingly insurmountable Adversity before Us, in our will to rectify our Mistakes.
We should do this just in case the worst befalls our Planet, as We See all around us in the Universe... or, hopefully, We just need a Calling Card for a New Neighbor.
...and...
For Posterity.
After I had this ''Chip of Life'', I would find out the existing polymers that we use to protect spacecraft that study the Sun and encase these Chips it in this.
I would look into ways of doing this process more efficiently and more durable, leading to advances in other related fields, perhaps most importantly, how we think.
The Absolute First thing i Would Hope to do though, is Say Thanks. Then I would probably paint Spacex's logo on my New Fence! Or at least pretty soon after i had that kinda swag :)
Thank you for the Opportunity to Share my Idea. Perhaps We can Elaborate on this Galactic Insurance that Assures there is a Chance, a good one, too (Especially if Quantum Equations are even remotely considered), that We are Not Forgotten.
We Can See to it, Rather Easily, that Everything is not Vaporized in Vein. No. We Know We Care!
just by doing this, We Insure we probably will never need them, but still, its a good idea to have insurance.
We Are Already on Mars, and we do not even have a chip like this here, let alone on any other celestial body.
Microchips are essentially dust. if all that is going to be left of Us is Dust, the Way We are Going, Lets make some "Smart" dust to stave this off, Hypothetically, Or, Next Time, (Imagine if this is what the Martian Blueberries were...) or for record, at least. Imagine how Our Archeologists would feel finding such a Grail!
It is not a huge Expense, Either. It is Only Collecting what We Have, to Protect Life as We Know It.
This is Where I would Start.
Why?
Its simple survival.
Some might say why should we care if we wipe ourselves out or the universe is better without us, but that is Absurd!.
The universe needs us, Or something like us.
It created Us. It Evolved Us to this point because Life can not second guess Solar Flares, Asteroids and Supernovas without some Intelligence to Figure it out and make some Contingencies so there Are Protections against Extinctions.
It is in almost every Culture, and I would Challenge it is the reason for Our Existence,
The bottom line is this, If We Care Enough to Simply Record for the Future what We Know of Life Right Now.
Insurance and Piece of Mind.
It isnt just about Us, We are Responsible for the Life around Us as well. all Life.
I would pursue other Space and Technology related endeavors as well, but this one is relatively cheap and easy.
Most of it is Existing Technology and Research just being compiled.
It makes sense to start here, that way We have a Mature, Responsible, Sure Footing as We Step Forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts