How To 

Top 5 Planetariums Around the Country

xnz7N0q.jpg

Planetariums are wonderful places to experience space while staying here on Earth. For those who have never been able to see the full beauty of the stars (thanks a lot, light pollution) it can be simply mesmerizing. Several planetariums dot the country, but a few stand out from the rest. These are the top 5 planetariums in the US:

8llDbWR.jpg

1. Hayden Planetarium
Perhaps the most famous planetarium on this list, the Hayden Planetarium is located in New York at the American Museum of Natural History. Its director is Neil Degrasse Tyson, noted astrophysicist and host of Cosmos. The museum itself is well worth visiting, but definitely make it to a show at the planetarium if you can.

2. Morrison Planetarium
The Morrison Planetarium boasts a 75 foot dome, making it the largest all-digital planetarium in the world. It’s located in San Francisco’s California Academy of Sciences. While the dome is huge, it’s also accurate since it’s tilted by about 30 degrees, just like Earth’s axis, and every single star the planetarium shows represents a star in the night sky.

C7Yb6we.jpg

3. Burke Baker Planetarium
If you want to visit the same place where NASA trains space shuttle astronauts, Burke Baker Planetarium is the place to go. Located in Houston at the Museum of Natural Science, the planetarium is home to the world’s most advanced simulator (SkyScan DigitalSky).

4. Albert Einstein Planetarium
If you’re looking for a planetarium with even more to offer, the Albert Einstein Planetarium delivers. It’s part of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, which is one of the world’s most well-known and respected museums. The planetarium itself uses top of the line technology, and the rest of the museum offers flight simulators, hands-on activities, and even an observatory.

5. Samuel Oschin Planetarium
Like the Morrison Planetarium, the Samuel Oschin has a 75 foot dome. It’s in Los Angeles at the Griffith Observatory and utilizes a Zeiss star projector. Shows are also presented by a live storyteller, making for a unique and engaging experience.

Reactions: osirus12
Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
xnz7N0q.jpg

Planetariums are wonderful places to experience space while staying here on Earth. For those who have never been able to see the full beauty of the stars (thanks a lot, light pollution) it can be simply mesmerizing. Several planetariums dot the country, but a few stand out from the rest. These are the top 5 planetariums in the US:

8llDbWR.jpg

1. Hayden Planetarium
Perhaps the most famous planetarium on this list, the Hayden Planetarium is located in New York at the American Museum of Natural History. Its director is Neil Degrasse Tyson, noted astrophysicist and host of Cosmos. The museum itself is well worth visiting, but definitely make it to a show at the planetarium if you can.

2. Morrison Planetarium
The Morrison Planetarium boasts a 75 foot dome, making it the largest all-digital planetarium in the world. It’s located in San Francisco’s California Academy of Sciences. While the dome is huge, it’s also accurate since it’s tilted by about 30 degrees, just like Earth’s axis, and every single star the planetarium shows represents a star in the night sky.

C7Yb6we.jpg

If you want to visit the same place where NASA trains space shuttle astronauts, Burke Baker Planetarium is the place to go. Located in Houston at the Museum of Natural Science, the planetarium is home to the world’s most advanced simulator (SkyScan DigitalSky).

If you’re looking for a planetarium with even more to offer, the Albert Einstein Planetarium delivers. It’s part of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum, which is one of the world’s most well-known and respected museums. The planetarium itself uses top of the line technology, and the rest of the museum offers flight simulators, hands-on activities, and even an observatory.

Like the Morrison Planetarium, the Samuel Oschin has a 75 foot dome. It’s in Los Angeles at the Griffith Observatory and utilizes a Zeiss star projector. Shows are also presented by a live storyteller, making for a unique and engaging experience.
been here as child great place to go to

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
xnz7N0q.jpg

8llDbWR.jpg

1. Hayden Planetarium

2. Morrison Planetarium

C7Yb6we.jpg

i have not been there in while might go again some time ill take photos if i do san-francisco planetarium

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
I was only once in a planetarium, in a good planetarium, and it was not in my city. Driving constantly to gaze at the stars is problematic. Therefore, I would like to purchase an easy-to-use telescope that can be used around the house, and it is not difficult to pack and go out of town. I found these options https://homemakerguide.com/best-telescope/, but I hope there are more experienced people here who can tell me what is best for a beginner.

COLGeek

I was only once in a planetarium, in a good planetarium, and it was not in my city. Driving constantly to gaze at the stars is problematic. Therefore, I would like to purchase an easy-to-use telescope that can be used around the house, and it is not difficult to pack and go out of town. I found these options https://homemakerguide.com/best-telescope/, but I hope there are more experienced people here who can tell me what is best for a beginner.
See here: https://www.space.com/15693-telescopes-beginners-telescope-reviews-buying-guide.html

Latest posts