What are some of the best sci-fi movies of all time which includes space missions?

Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
I personally am a space lover and recently was trying to catch up with new sci-fi movies which include space missions and certainly not over-dramatic. But unfortunately, couldn't find any. Therefore, my question.

Wolfshadw

I don't think any of these are new, but just off the top of my head:

Alien <--- Personal Fav
Aliens
Apollo 18
Mission to Mars
The Martian
Europa Report
Gravity
Moon
2001: A Space Odyssey
Red Planet
Supernova
Armageddon
Deep Impact

-Wolf sends

Reactions: NudeScience
Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
How about ---> The Ice Pirates (1984)

"In a distant future scarce of water, space pirates get caught after stealing ice from a spaceship. They are sold to a princess looking for her dad. He might have found a planet abundant with water." (imdb com)

Its' a comic science fiction film that includes time dilation /time travel. Even though everything we now know about H2O in the cosmos indicates that water is ubiquitous, the plot is cool... there's nothing cliche in any part of the story line. Made me laugh.

Ad astra
The film stars Robert Urich, Mary Crosby and Michael D. Roberts; other notable featured actors are Anjelica Huston, Ron Perlman, Bruce Vilanch, John Carradine (wikipedia)

OP if you find something really good to watch please post it.

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
I recommend watching films Passengers, Interstellar, Sunshine, Arrival, Moon, Gravity. The series "Stargate SG-1" is a top series about space travel. And here's another must-see Star Wars!

Mar 13, 2021
Visit site
I don't think any of these are new, but just off the top of my head:

Alien <--- Personal Fav
Aliens
Apollo 18
Mission to Mars
The Martian
Europa Report
Gravity
Moon
2001: A Space Odyssey
Red Planet
Supernova
Armageddon
Deep Impact

-Wolf sends
Europa Report was fantastic but strangely unsettling and even depressing. Still a great watch though

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
As I have pointed out elsewhere, with some scientific approval, a number of speculations may follow a scientific observation - and, eventually, one such speculation may turn out to be the approved scientific choice.

Cat :)

Reactions: Clovis
Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
My favorites,

Fantastic Voyage, Marooned,2001 Space Odessey
Space 1999,Battlestar Galactica (orig)
Apollo 13, The right stuff,Martian Chronicles
Star War's(orig) Mission to Mars, Silent Running,
The Martian (new), The Reluctant Astronaut,
And of course Original Star Trek,NG,DS-9,
Another is Buck Rogers in the 25th Century,
Quantum Leap, Close Encounters of the 3rd kind.
Others are (orig) Roller Ball, Logan's Run (orig)
Animated is Heavy Metal

Last edited:
I guess I spoke to quickly. Girlfriend wanted to watch the remake of War of the Worlds. She had never seen it.
A big bowl of popcorn and snuggled on the bed. I guess I missed a few things back when I saw it in theater.
Pawing through all my movies, she now wants to watch Logan's Run.

Gosh honey even I haven't seen that in a long time. She's now asking, what is Zardoz , Blade runner, time after time.
She just gave up on it . And said this collolection would be worth a lot of money to a collector.

May 1, 2021
Visit site
You guys are too young. The very best was 'Forbidden Planet. ' It was so far ahead of its time. Great special effects for 1956 and some humor as well. Robby the Robot should have gotten top billing.

Although the original 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' was about an alien visiting us, it was also great. The funny thing about it is what's currently being reported about UFO's being repeatedly spotted near our nuclear weapons sites and around our military vessels. Like in the movie, it's as if an advanced society is watching us, ready to prevent a nuclear holocaust. I hope that is the case because there are several deranged despots leading countries that have nuclear weapons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clovis

Latest posts