What happens to the J-2X ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevekk

It appears that NASA / Rocketdyne as still working on the engine. I saw some articles about tests of the new turbopump assembly that happened last week. I guess they are still on schedule for a Hot-Fire test sometime next year, but production engines seem still a ways off.

What happens to this development ? Is this a rocket engine without a purpose again, or can it have some type of role in a future HLV ?

O

oldAtlas_Eguy

stevekk":2kpm87bn said:
It appears that NASA / Rocketdyne as still working on the engine. I saw some articles about tests of the new turbopump assembly that happened last week. I guess they are still on schedule for a Hot-Fire test sometime next year, but production engines seem still a ways off.

What happens to this development ? Is this a rocket engine without a purpose again, or can it have some type of role in a future HLV ?

When it comes to engine development, everything is useful even if it is not used immediately. Mechanical Engineering and Rocket engine technology is such a slow moving technology that we are still using Rocket engines that were developed in the 60’s.

Space X has shown some interest in the J-2x for a upper stage engine on the Falcon X and Falcon XX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts