Where do you see Humanity being in 500 years time?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

j05h

<i>> The tendency is for man to shape his environment to suit his needs, rather than the opposite. </i><br /><br />That is true, but we are also making Life into a plastic medium. Gene engineering and cloning are taking us into vast uncharted territory. When we grow habitats and live inside new ecosystems these things all somewhat merge, with space-living acting as a laboratory for evolution on fast-forward. <br /><br /><i>> Will those changes make them "not human"? Time will tell.</i><br /><br />I think we will be talking about "Humanities" as these splits occur. Historically we are in the process of broadening what we consider sentient, too. <br /><br />Josh <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div align="center"><em>We need a first generation of pioneers.</em><br /></div> </div>

M

mooware

<b>They might be quite different to ordinary humanity as we know it today. <br /></b><br /><br />And homo sapiens will have a new branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts