Where will the most crowded places be for the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024?

Dec 25, 2023
Visit site
It would be amazing if Cedar Point would be open that day, but opening day is typically May, so I doubt it. I think it would be great if they just opened the gate without the rides.

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
I picked the DFW Metroplex. Mainly cus it’s the closest direct flight from my home in Albuquerque, NM. So I’ll fly into Love Field around 8am on April 8th and fly back out around 10pm that night. It’s a gamble, but with having the first flight of the morning, a direct flight, I should hopefully not have any issues with the flight. *Knocks on Wood*. And this is definitely cheaper then trying to get a hotel room for at least Sunday night & possible Monday night.

Now to figure out what do with myself in DFW for another 7 hours after the eclipse (other then wait in traffic probably if I try to east of the airport any).

Jan 3, 2024
Visit site
Just about anywhere in Texas has a 50% chance of being cloudy on April 8th. In the rest of the US, the farther NE you go, the worse it gets.

I made my reservations several years ago to go to Mazatlan Mexico, and will be heading up to a ranchero north of Durango MX the day before the eclipse, putting me at 5000' in a high desert with an 80% chance of being clear.

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
When I first heard about the upcoming eclipse, I was absolutely shocked to see that totality moves right through Norwalk, Ohio. Never imagined I would just happen to live in this little town and in time for such an event. I really hope the estimate of 100, 000 visitors doesn't quite pan out. That would more than quadruple our population for a brief time.

Jan 3, 2024
Visit site
When I first heard about the upcoming eclipse, I was absolutely shocked to see that totality moves right through Norwalk, Ohio. Never imagined I would just happen to live in this little town and in time for such an event. I really hope the estimate of 100, 000 visitors doesn't quite pan out. That would more than quadruple our population for a brief time.

In Ohio, there's a 60-75% chance of it being cloudy on April 8th. See http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_20240408_pg01.html

Latest posts