White holes?!?

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scull

Oh, right. The Schwarzschild horizon.....<br /><br />falling objects are not piling up at the horizon and stuff...<br /><br /><br />--<br /><br />

E

eric2006

I was guessing what "freeze" was in reference to. Was I wrong? My only other guess would be something thermodynamic.

S

scull

Oh..... I thought that was the answer...<br /><br />why won't jatslo make that clear for us......<br /><br /><br />--<br /><br />

J

jatslo

You have to suspend your animation and there are numerious ways of achieving this affect. Temperature, Gravity, Velocity, Speed: You have to freeze time for the subject to first move forward and then move backwards back to the place you froze at, and if you pass that place then every atom in your being will anihilate on impact.

S

scull

huh......<br /><br />annihilation = that can't be good....<br /><br /><br /><br />--

J

jatslo

Some people think that there is, in fact, life after total annihilation, which is good in terms of Heaven and bad in terms of Hell.

S

siriusmre

"Laboratory experiments, together with advanced simulation capabilities, have shown that electric forces can efficiently organize spiral galaxies, without resorting to the wild card of gravity-only cosmology--the Black Hole."<br /><br />More: Plasma Galaxies <br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jatslo

Certain chemicals will suspend animation safely: Hydrogen Sulfide, and some other one that is extracted from the puffer fish, I think. Voodoo witch doctors used puffer fish toxin to first kill, and then resurrect the buried victim to zombie slave status. Essentially, the drugs induce deep hibernation that gives the appearance of death, in which the victims awake to find themselves buried alive, until the witch doctor digs them up, and enslaves them through hypnosis, or something to that affect.

S

scull

"life after total annihilation"<br /><br /><br />Well, energy cannot be destroyed..... <br />So in that sense, everything keeps going.....<br /><br />--

E

eric2006

I understand what you are saying now. It makes sense if you think of time as a location as well. For example in Back to the Future. If the delorean traveled back to 1955 shouldn't it have been floating in space? The earth would not be at that same location in space in 1955 as it was in 1985. Am I close??

J

jatslo

Correct, The question is whether or not you can remain conscious of the fact in a pure energy state.

E

eric2006

and a wild card it is.<br /><br />There was just a recent shuttle experiment involving salt in space. The salt in the bag started to rotate and clump together in Zero G's. Pretty cool....

J

jatslo

Yeah, pretty much. The Earth would spin by like once for every year; however, you cannot go backwards; you can only move forwards, and then back to the point that you froze at. Think of it as pulling on a spring, and releasing it so that it snaps back to equilibrium. If you unfreeze in the future the spring will snap to your new position, thus, preventing you from traveling backwards.<br /><br />Some people think that they can move forwards, take a picture, then return the picture back to the present, but I think if you go past the present onto the past, you will annihilate on contact with yourself. However, if it were a robot, then you could theoretically convert the energy back to matter, and reassembled the pieces to view the picture.

Z

zero_cool

wow guys, i didnt expect this to become this in depth, i greatly appreciate it, im very enthused that someone just didnt come over and call me an idiot for beliving there is a white hole at the center of a galaxy, and when i said that a black hole sucks in matter and then it travels via wormhole to the white hole, i didnt mean the black hole sucks in an entire star, then the star pops out the white hole whole, i just meant all the materials from the star come out, and the galaxy forms around it, hope you kinda get the just of what im trying to say

E

eric2006

"im very enthused that someone just didnt come over and call me an idiot for beliving there is a white hole at the center of a galaxy"<br /><br />If someone did call you an idiot just let them flex their ego muscle and ignore it.<br /><br />Actually the idea of a white hole exit for a black hole isn't a new idea. But it does show you that your mind is capable of tossing around the same ideas of some respected theorist.

E

eric2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts