Who's your Favorite Female Sci Fi TV star

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kelvinzero

I liked all the Firefly characters.

In some ways Kaylee was the most stereotype-breaking because she was a normal sweet girl who liked engines. Her taking on of a stereotypically man's role was not explained away as a symptom emotional damage. It is amazing how pervasive that message is, and not just from male writers either.

S

StarRider1701

kelvinzero":2qldji28 said:

In some ways Kaylee was the most stereotype-breaking because she was a normal sweet girl who liked engines. Her taking on of a stereotypically man's role was not explained away as a symptom emotional damage. It is amazing how pervasive that message is, and not just from male writers either.

I'm pretty sure that Star Trek Voyager came before Firefly. The Voyager had a female chief engineer, Belana Torez, so was Firefly's "stereotype breaking ... taking on of a stereotypically man's role" a copy of Voyager or what? I liked Belana, she was good looking and didn't take no crap from anyone - except occasionally Janeway.

M

Mee_n_Mac

Already mentioned are 7of 9 and Samantha Carter. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Claudia Black, aka Aeryn Sun and Vala Mal Doran. She kicked butt and looked good doing it.

Claudia_black_full_8.jpg

And while Farscape is on the burner I always liked Virginia Hey, aka Pa'u Zotoh Zhaan and that hot warior chick in Mad Max 2.

farscapevh13ux0.jpg

virginiaww.jpg

A

a_lost_packet_

Mee_n_Mac":cqexyqc8 said:
..'m surprised nobody has mentioned Claudia Black, ...

Absolutely! Thanks for reminding me. Though, a bit of that steam had to do with the sexual tension between her and Chrichton.

I was partial to Gigi Edgley, myself. Her lithe character and the contortions she would sometimes go through, even during simple conversations, were... alluring, to say the least. :) Intriguing isn't a strong enough word, there.

A great series!

B

bdewoody

So many great looking women in Sci Fi TV, the producers ain't stupid. Claudia Black and Diana Rigg rank high on my list too. I'm probably wrong but Amanda Tapping just looks like someone who would go out with an aveage Joe if presented with the opportunity, ie down to earth.

K

kelvinzero

StarRider1701":2ara53h5 said:
kelvinzero":2ara53h5 said:

I'm pretty sure that Star Trek Voyager came before Firefly. The Voyager had a female chief engineer, Belana Torez, so was Firefly's "stereotype breaking ... taking on of a stereotypically man's role" a copy of Voyager or what? I liked Belana, she was good looking and didn't take no crap from anyone - except occasionally Janeway.

Actually it was specifically Belana Torez and Tasha Yar who I was referring to as examples of women whose role choice was linked to their emotional scarring. Belana liked engines, but had significant problems getting on with people. Sasha was a security officer, but had suffered some extreme for of abuse on a world that had descended into anarchy. It doesn't mean they are bad characters. I actually like that character but it is a very hard to escape message.

W

warpfactor999

OK....Gonna give up a little bit about my age here! But for those of you that have been around as long as me...(or longer)..
how about Marta Kristen....otherwise known as Judy Robinson from the TV series "Lost In Space". SHE WAS HOT!!! Although
Major West (Mark Goddard) pretnded to have a crush on her, I believe Don really had a secret gay affair with Dr. Smith whom Mr. West covered up by constantly threatening to kick Smith's arse!!! Marta was about 19-20 yrs old in that roll and that was
pretty tough for this preteen to take! ... Almost as tough as Barbera Eden (I Dream of Jeanie)or Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched), Carolynn Jones (Morticia Addams), the list goes on and on... ohhh Lindsey Wagner (6 million dollar broad!!) oh well....enough already!!!

I have an image...but I guess I don't know how to post it here.

S

silylene

warpfactor999":3s9f1rkz said:
... ohhh Lindsey Wagner (6 million dollar broad!!) oh well....enough already!!!

Lindsay Wagner, original bionic woman:
BionicWomanREX_228x310.jpg

Agreed. Speaking of 6 million dollar broads, you just reminded me of the one-season remake Bionic Woman (2007) had a couple of hotties. Was a good show, too bad it got canceled!
Michelle Ryan as Jaime Summers:
MV5BMTk0MTY5MDI0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzA3NDQ3._V1._SY314_CR11,0,214,314_.jpg

Lucy Sales as Becca Summers:
MV5BMTgzODU4OTQxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTcyMTQz._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

C

crazyeddie

warpfactor999":37i6pc60 said:
OK....Gonna give up a little bit about my age here! But for those of you that have been around as long as me...(or longer)..
how about Marta Kristen....otherwise known as Judy Robinson from the TV series "Lost In Space". SHE WAS HOT!!!

Did you know she played a mermaid in the goofy Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello movie, "Beach Blanket Bingo"? :cool:

warpfactor999":37i6pc60 said:
Although Major West (Mark Goddard) pretnded to have a crush on her, I believe Don really had a secret gay affair with Dr. Smith whom Mr. West covered up by constantly threatening to kick Smith's arse!!!

As a little gay-boy-to-be, Mark Goddard was the cast member that got my attention! Smith was too nelly, a butch guy like Major West wouldn't have anything to do with him. But I'll bet he and Professor Robinson were doing it on the down-low! :lol:

J

jim48

crazyeddie":1t38up9g said:
warpfactor999":1t38up9g said:
how about Marta Kristen....otherwise known as Judy Robinson from the TV series "Lost In Space". SHE WAS HOT!!!

Did you know she played a mermaid in the goofy Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello movie, "Beach Blanket Bingo"? :cool:

warpfactor999":1t38up9g said:
Although Major West (Mark Goddard) pretnded to have a crush on her, I believe Don really had a secret gay affair with Dr. Smith whom Mr. West covered up by constantly threatening to kick Smith's arse!!!

As a little gay-boy-to-be, Mark Goddard was the cast member that got my attention! Smith was too nelly, a butch guy like Major West wouldn't have anything to do with him. But I'll bet he and Professor Robinson were doing it on the down-low! :lol:

I always thought that Dr. Smith was queer for Will. ;)

W

warpfactor999

That is just too funny! I remember the stupid but fun beach movies, and the surfer guy, (not the sharpest knife in the drawer) hittin' on the mermaid! No idea that it was Judy R. (Marta). Might have to rent that one now or find it on the net.

As for the major and the professor......I could see that happening ...i guess...(not that there is anything wrong with that!). Yeah the prof wanting to go to the grape just to give it a try....Bwaaaahahahahah!!!!

Thanks for the visual CE!!!! Talk to you later at our usual sparring site.

By the way.....How dooo you copy and paste a screen image on these pages??

M

MeteorWayne

How about Siguorney Weaver in Ghostbusters..
"Is this a trick question?"

B

bdewoody

Barbarella, forgot about Jane Fonda. Don't care much for her politics but she was one hot chick. Probably not that bad now as I know she's an exercise nut.

T

Technetium

Oh this one is easy for me.
Being a Star trek : The next Generation Fan.

Has to be Deanna Troi

DeannaTroi.gif

S

silylene

bdewoody":2ms6xw66 said:
Barbarella, forgot about Jane Fonda. Don't care much for her politics but she was one hot chick. Probably not that bad now as I know she's an exercise nut.

not TV though...

S

silylene

Technetium":axzjwdw2 said:
Oh this one is easy for me.
Being a Star trek : The next Generation Fan.

Has to be Deanna Troi

DeannaTroi.gif

her scene in the mudbath.... ;)

J

JasonChapman

right back at ye with the trekkie women

Jadzia-Dax-star-trek-deep-space-nine-9029147-1024-768.jpg

here's an even better image of Dax

terryfarrel-jadziadax.jpg

A

a_lost_packet_

JasonChapman":udf3jgto said:
Lets not for get this little beauty....

Oh, I didn't forget about her. But, I didn't think I could include feature films in my choice. :) IF that was the case, then the all time most awesomest goes to...

/drumroll

lifeforce.jpg

Mathilda May from "Lifeforce." One of the very few pics available of her with her clothes on..

(Lemme tell ya, going to see that flick with my girlfriend at the time was a bit awkward. But, it sure did provide some motivation afterwords.)

K

kelvinzero

No one mentioned T-Pol ? Can I really call someone a favorite actress if I never bothered to learn their non-Vulcan name? :)

We really should start another category, favorite female Scifi TV star if you happened to be homosexual and blind.. :roll:

J

JasonChapman

a_lost_packet_":2f1x3vks said:
JasonChapman":2f1x3vks said:
Lets not for get this little beauty....

Oh, I didn't forget about her. But, I didn't think I could include feature films in my choice. :) IF that was the case, then the all time most awesomest goes to...

/drumroll

lifeforce.jpg

Mathilda May from "Lifeforce." One of the very few pics available of her with her clothes on..

(Lemme tell ya, going to see that flick with my girlfriend at the time was a bit awkward. But, it sure did provide some motivation afterwords.)

Oh yes, now we're cooking on gas. Not exactly Patric Stewart's finest moment, but some very interesting visuals in Lifeforce, including the naked space vampire/zombie creator vixen.

Status
Not open for further replies.