Who's your Favorite Female Sci Fi TV star

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

warpfactor999

Well I guess showin my age again....we can't leave out Star Trek's Yeoman - Janice Rand played by Grace Lee Whitney.
Most memorable episode... when Kirk divided into two after a transporter malfunction....evil kirk and wimpy kirk....evil kirk sexualllyassaults the FINE looking blonde yeowoman who is now 70 years old!!!!! Please God say it isnt so!!!! Anyways.. Gracy played in some theater, and movies, including Star Trek the Movie, ST III, ST IV, and ST VI, plenty of TV shows, Gunsmoke....just look her up on Wikipedia....once again....I don't know how to upload a pic to my post...I will finger that out! Anyways, I did have my "memories" with mizz yeowoman Janice back in the day....heh....heh....heh!!!!!! ;)

J

JasonChapman

Yes, she ain't bad is she.

st_whitney_bust.jpg

While we're on TOS Star Trek, I never did like Majel Barrett as nurse chappel or Deanna's mother in TNG, however she's not too bad in the pilot of star Trek.

majel-barret.jpg

But come on guys lets not forget Miss Ripley.

34004-ellen_ripley_alien.jpg

S

SteveCNC

I will definitely have to go see Machete ! I've liked Jessica since her dark angle days .

C

CalliArcale

I'm a straight female, so the sexiness of a particular female star is unimportant to me. With that out of the way...

There have been a number of great female stars on sci-fi TV, though not nearly enough. It's still dominated by men and airheads. But a few stand out for me. The one who had the most impression on me would have to be Sarah Jane Smith, on Doctor Who, played by Elizabeth Sladen. I'm clearly not the only one to feel that way; though she mainly played the role in the 1970s, the part is still very popular, and has been revived -- she's now got her own TV show, the Sarah Jane Adventures. After a somewhat rough first season, I think it's really come into its own.

A close contender for favorite female sci-fi TV character would probably be Susan Ivanova, played by Claudia Christian. She is tough, assertive, confident, and still attractive -- but very much on her own terms. She is not someone you want to annoy, unless you are very much prepared to take your lumps for it.

S

silylene

Sigourney Weaver and Jessica Alba were on movies, not TV series. Let's restrict to TV show beauties.

Megalyn Echikunwoke, played Isabelle on The 4400.
41843677.jpg

Laura Vandervoort, plays Lisa on V. i wanted to post that scene when she was in panties on the TV show, but it is perhaps a little too racy for SDC.
laura-smallville-laura-vandervoort-376997_800_1065.jpg

J

JonClarke

CalliArcale":2fe3escj said:
I'm a straight female, so the sexiness of a particular female star is unimportant to me. With that out of the way...

There have been a number of great female stars on sci-fi TV, though not nearly enough. It's still dominated by men and airheads. But a few stand out for me. The one who had the most impression on me would have to be Sarah Jane Smith, on Doctor Who, played by Elizabeth Sladen. I'm clearly not the only one to feel that way; though she mainly played the role in the 1970s, the part is still very popular, and has been revived -- she's now got her own TV show, the Sarah Jane Adventures. After a somewhat rough first season, I think it's really come into its own.

SJS is probably third on my list.

Surely River Song is also a stand out from the airheads?

M

Mee_n_Mac

silylene":1mn8nd3m said:
Sigourney Weaver and Jessica Alba were on movies, not TV series. Let's restrict to TV show beauties.

I agree but note that Ms Alba was in Dark Angel. I can't believe nobody has mentioned Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) from ST:TOS. Beauty ... yes, but more than that.

bp-OS-Uhura_Nichelle_Nichols_evil-universe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.