Who's your Favorite Female Sci Fi TV star

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bdewoody

My vote goes to Amanda Tapping, Dr Samantha Carter from Stargate with a close second and third to 7 of 9 and T'pal from the Star Trek world.

S

StarRider1701

OH MY, let me see... First there is Halley Berry who played several SciFi roles. And yes Sam was hot, but I like her better with dark hair in Sanctuary. And then there is that totally hot daughter of the Lizard Queen in the new V. For that matter, Queen Liz is pretty hot herself. And we simply cannot forget the Hot Blue Chick in Avatar. Or the Hot Blue Chick in Farscape - I think we're forming a pattern here! :lol: Of course I can go green, too! Any of the Hot Green chicks on any of the Star Trek programs work for mee too! Sooo many hotties, so little time.
But my first true TV love was Emma Peel on the Avengers. I know, not SciFi, but daaaammn she was hot!

A

a_lost_packet_

Jolene Blalock (T'Pol), Tricia Helfer (Number Six in BSG) or Jeri Ryan (7of9).

However, my first TV Love..

wilma10.jpg

Erin Gray... oh yeah, I also liked Anne Lockheart (The original BSG series.)

BUT, if you mean a TV star that would be my "favorite" without her "assets" being taken into account, I suppose it'd be Gillian Anderson or Mary McDonnel (Laura Roslin in BSG), probably the latter. Both did an awesome job in portraying their characters.

gilliananderson.jpg

Battlestar-Mary-McDonnell24.jpg

With everything, altogether? It's a hard pick. IMO, Tricia Helfer was a scene-stealer for a reason - She's just that good. The same goes for Jolene Blalock in a great many scenes. She played the "intense" female lead very well even though she was supposed to be keeping her emotions in check... funny how she always seemed to be having a problem with that in the script.

PS - Don't forget, there's a wonderful woman that qualifies...

wonder-woman.jpg

:)

B

bdewoody

All hotties for sure and you have reminded me of several that had slipped from my memory. I like Amanda Tapping as a Brunette too. There is something about her that has that girl next door appeal and yet she is really sexy

A

a_lost_packet_

bdewoody":34mih7o5 said:
All hotties for sure and you have reminded me of several that had slipped from my memory. I like Amanda Tapping as a Brunette too. There is something about her that has that girl next door appeal and yet she is really sexy

I have a confession to make - I didn't like SG-1. Oh, I liked the first few bits and pieces, here and there. But... there was only so much of it I could take. There was a definite lack of "something" for me in that series. Yes, it had all sorts of devoted fans who eagerly awaited every episode, I can't deny that. But, it just didn't "click" with me. So, I didn't include her in my list. Though, now that I think on it, she did do a great job and was a pretty good looker as well.

Ya know, after thinking about your post, all the pics I linked didn't include blondes even though I touted Tricia Helfer as being a favorite. What's up with that? I love blondes.. and brunettes, readheads, auburns, blacks, purples, violets, plaids... Actually, having hair on her head is probably as far as I go in regards to preference. Though, whatshername in the first Star Trek movie was.. curiously alluring.

C

crazyeddie

Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine was, hands down, the most outstanding cast member ever written into the Star Trek universe, and she will always be my favorite. She is a myriad of complexities and contrasts, and her character development was fascinating to watch. She was aloof and cold, yet longed to reclaim her humanity. She could move abruptly from being supremely confident of her capabilities to being a puddle of unwanted emotional confusion. She was torn between her remembered love for her parents and her anger at their reckless obsession with the Borg, which ultimately led to her family's assimilation. She was at once both beautiful, yet unattainable....a maddening combination to any heterosexual male and probably more than a few lesbians. When her character was added to Star Trek Voyager, the series really took off. My favorite episode was the one where the Doctor, attempting to hide himself from a race who persecuted holographic life forms, downloaded himself into Seven's cortical node and took over her body. That was the funniest ST episode, ever! And it really showcased Jeri Ryan's acting talent.

* sigh *.......there will always be a special place for Seven of Nine in my heart!

250px-seven_of_nine.jpg

G

Gravity_Ray

Been stated before, but I guess I can concur anyway.

#1. Jeri Ryan
#2. Tricia Helfer

They are both obviously hot, but the question was favorite female sci-fi TV star. These two are great actors and really drew me into their characters. Obviously some of it is good writing, but they were just so believable.

Really enjoy these two.

S

StarRider1701

Yeah, 6 was ok, alright. But on BSG my favorite hands down was Boomer! I'd kick 3 6's outa bed for her!!!

G

Gravity_Ray

StarRider1701":jflmhr7v said:
Yeah, 6 was ok, alright. But on BSG my favorite hands down was Boomer! I'd kick 3 6's outa bed for her!!!

:lol:
Well I wouldnt kick either out of bed....

A

a_lost_packet_

StarRider1701":1wgxuho3 said:

Cool, more 6's for me!

(I'd like to pre-order half a dozen...)

A

a_lost_packet_

silylene":27n50rxh said:
7 of 9

Counselor Troi in a mudbath

I never could get what everyone saw in Troi. But, if you're talking about 7 of 9 AND counselor Troi in a mudbath, now we're gettin' somewhere...

S

strandedonearth

I can certainly agree with Tricia (6), Boomer (wasn't she an 8?), 7 of 9 (almost have a straight here, and getting flushed...), T'Pol, and Scully.Whom I haven't seen mentioned so far is that blast from the past, Yeoman Rand, and one of the newer sci-babes, Jo from Eureka.

Incidentally, Janeway currently has a supporting actress gig on Mercy, which is a nurse show loaded with babes. Nothing sci-fi about it, however.

B

bdewoody

Speaking of Eureka I kind of like Allison, I've been rooting for Jack to boink her for two years now.

B

Boots09

Leonard Nimoy.........oh...sorry...FEMALE star. Hmmmm...more fantasy than scifi but Kate Beckinsale from Underworld.
And although I have only seen one or two episodes of WW, Linda Carter was..and still is...very pretty. My dad said he had a crush on her when the show was on.

B

bushwhacker

For me its got to be dr. keller from sgu. wasnt she also the hot lil mechanic on firefly? also allison on eureka :D

S

StarRider1701

JonClarke":3hyfkqeu said:
Until recently, 7 of 9.

But now, Professor River Song.

Who or what is a Professor River Song? What show?

A

Archer17

StarRider1701":1zjhkigj said:
JonClarke":1zjhkigj said:
Until recently, 7 of 9.

But now, Professor River Song.

Who or what is a Professor River Song? What show?
River Song is from Doctor Who.

My favorite is hard to pick because there's a lot of 'em but Amanda Tapping would probably top the list. Jeri Ryan (7 of 9) and Linda Harrison who played Nova on Planet of the Apes bears mentioning.

J

JasonChapman

Fay Wray is stunning, well when she made king kong anyway.

Fay%20Wray.jpg

Had a thing for Maureen O'hara from the tarzan flicks

maureenohara.jpg

As far as modern day actresses

anna_torv_fringe.jpg

Haven-TV-Show-Cast.jpg

both Claudia and Myka from Wrehouse 13.

253798-Warehouse_13_cast.jpg

TrueBlood_AnnaPaquin.jpg

could go on all day with this.

A

a_lost_packet_

JasonChapman":s942aexc said:
Had a thing for Maureen O'hara from the tarzan flicks

I couldn't let this one go by without commenting: In "The Quiet Man" ... wow... That's all I'll say about that... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.