Giveaway Win an Official Space Force Silver Coin!

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I would either say moon exploration or working on a way to manipulate gravity on a planetary scale. If you could change the gravity on mars to hold a similar atmospheric pressure, shoot, even the moon, it would be way easier to teraform.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I think the focus of the Space Force should be the protection of the American space and cyber presence. Independent space stations and colonization of the moon. Beyond that developing technologies to better the lives of those is space and on Earth and to defend against and natural disasters from our solar system.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I feel that we need to be the dominant presence in space. There are 2 other countries, I will not name, that really frightens me if they beat us to it. I also feel we should look to colonize the moon.

Reactions: GeoXXX
Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
As humanity continues to reproduce at a greater rate, it is imperative that we begin to look at options outside our planet. Because the USSF is a branch of the military, I think the first and foremost responsibility will be to protect our nation in the space arena. However, as mentioned above I think it would behoove our nation and the world if we put resources into R&D for space exploration and colonization.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
Sirs,
Thank you for the opportunity to provide my insight into what should be the initial priorities of The United States Space Force. I firmly feel that the initial focus for The USSF should be two fold.

1. First and foremost The USSF should focus on developing space ships that are capable of multiple launchings. Meaning that these ships should be able to take off and land repeatedly. They should be reusable, not one mission and done. This should be the main priority!

2. Secondly I firmly believe that the next focus should be the cleaning up of the "Space Debris" that currently envelopes our planet. This will accomplish two very desirable goals:
#1. The space debris represents a very real and present threat to the
successful launching of space craft!
The debris also limits when a
Ship can be launched! It may be
necessary to launch at any time!
#2. This space debris could and should
be salvaged! That debris represents
a potentially and real valuable
resource! All of that debris is
specifically designed for use in
the construction of space craft!
It would be wise to claim that
abandoned material!!

These are, what I feel, the two primary goals that the USSF should focus on first.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely;
Paul W Montgomery

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I think the space force should explore ways to build outposts/colonies on other planets. Human habitation need not be the only goal. Automated robot factories or recycling plants can also be explored if human habitation is not practical in the early stages.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I would like then to work on new means of propulsion.
Something to one day get us the ability to travel at or near light speed..
But i have a feeling this work has been going on for years.
Maybe change their name to S.W.O.R.D.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
It probably shouldn't be the #1 priority and is hardly feasible yet, but searching for other habitable planets has always been very intriguing to me so more information on said planets would be fascinating and potentially helpful for future generations!

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
As much as I want exploration and innovation, what I think they need to do first is secure orbit, and be able to protect United States interests in orbit.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
We should prioritize keeping a technological edge over the world as well as keeping our satellites and interests in space safe from our adversaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I think the space force should look at the feasibility of a space elevator to shuttle supplies into low orbit. This would reduce the cost associated with required launches

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I would like to see the United States Space Force work with NASA in protecting America's infrastructure in space and actively develop new technology to increase our knowledge as well as allow man to venture further into space. The Space Force is the future, and is essential in maintaining the United State's global dominance. If not we will fall behind, other countries and that could be catastrophic to the future of our great nation.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I would like to see space force get the plastics and nuclear waste shot into space. We need a base on the moon, I mean come on less gravity, easier to build, soil is saturated with helium3, which a barrel can run nyc for over a month. Plus the under ground caverns, can make one air right and walk around with no suit on, maybe for warmth until it’s all built. Then get ready for Mars, and way beyond. Every trip we take to the moon bring back helium3,worth millions of times as gold. Because as uno. Even if moon was solid gold, it would take more money to go load a ship and bring it home. So sell and use helium3, which protects the environment and makes energy basically free. If you go to moon u mite as well come home with a full load like a trucker does. Then build in moons orbit to get to Mars and way beyond. NASA can’t get the funds but a branch of military can. And they can get black money, billions that they don’t report, and congress doesn’t know or get to vote on where the black money goes. So build build build and say they are all military installations, work with nasa and space x and let’s fix this planet. Moon landing was like 1000000 jobs, high paying to low paying. All the tech we have now came from ww2 and the moon landing. The new technology this will bring is almost as important as the mission itself

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
The USSF should be about protecting our nation from space based threats and improving communication capabilities for our great country. I would like to see the USSF work on new space based technologies that push the envelope of what the United States military is capable of.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I think the USSF should focus on scientific endeavors related to our own planet first, including things such as better climate research, tracking and improving agriculture practices, tracking distasters for better response times and plans, and finding new practical uses for satellites. They should also be able to defend and maintain the US's satellites and infrastructure.

They should also focus on the military aspect, as it is inevitable that other countries will weaponize space. They should establish early dominance in national space defense, and be very sure to not abuse it against any allies nor enemies outside of war, but instead use it primarily for defense. This not only includes actual physical weapons, but also electronical communications, such as intercepting threats and information to use in preparation of any attack. This needs to be strictly monitored, however, to make sure that it isn't used to spy on individuals private data that has nothing to do with national defense.

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
The Space Force needs to be a force used for furthering good in the future as man journeys beyond our planet and into the universe. Instead of being a military force used to oppress other nations of Earth from exploring beyond the planet, they should defend the idea that no nation, and no corporation or religion holds dominance and owns the territories of the other celestial bodies or any territory in space. That they make certain it stays open and free to all nations and races of Earth, to explore and one day live within the universe beyond out planet, as Earthlings, and not a nationality from Earth creating extended nations off the home world! That in space we all work for the betterment of the human race and not turn it into a fight for resources or enrichment of the home nations in a race to be more powerful or supreme or the dominant power by claiming more resources or territory across the galaxy! Space Force should work together with the other nations of the world as a partner to ensure the ideals of peace and not work as a US military branch to impose the dominance and the laws and ideas of only the USA across the galaxy, but the common laws and agreements for peace and learning of all the nations of the world working as one as we go beyond the Earthly home we know today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts