Wonder Woman's new look

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Starting in issue 600. Might make movie costuming easier for the films director J. Michael Straczynski who consulted with the artists, but there are a lot of unhappy campers - especially among the womens groups and mags: they call the new look "dull", "dowdy" and "frumpy" rather than the "urban tough chick" look they intended.

WW_costume.jpg

D

docm

Just found this larger more detailed pic.

Also found out they messed with the backstory :mad:

Seems the Gods decided to change the timeline, removing their protection of Paradise Island in the past. It was attacked and defeated with a young Diana going underground in a US city for her protection, hence her 'urban' look. It goes downhill from there.

Wonder-Woman-New-By-Don-Kramer.JPG

A

a_lost_packet_

THAT is NOT Wonder Woman!

What in the heck are they thinking? Wonder Woman wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit..

jim48":11ti23o8 said:
Where's the pix, Doc? Posting problem.

Here's a link: http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-con ... Kramer.JPG

It can't be hotlinked from that host and won't display without a suitable cookie or referrer. (If it won't display, simply reload it or copy/paste the addy into the address bar again and reload.)

B

Boots09

Don't think I'd call it frumpy, but does seem a bit dull. Might be a bit more practical than the old one though... for getting into fights and all. :)

Z

ZenGalacticore

She looks more like Spiderwoman.

A lot more skin would be wonderful.

They're probably trying too conscientiously to be non-sexist. In doing so, they're probably going to ruin it. Wonder Woman is, after all, a woman. And one can only hope that women still have a feminine side. I mean jeez.

(And I'm getting real sick of Hollywood making movies where all the women are cocksure bad-ass survivalists and martial-arts and weapons experts, and all the men are cowering, shivering, scared, indecisive, no-nothing wimps.) Get real!!

Z

ZenGalacticore

docm":t2sihngr said:
ZenGalacticore":t2sihngr said:
She looks more like Spiderwoman.

Uhhh....no

spiderwoman_v1.5_by_sizer.jpg

Well, they could be sisters, with different taste in tight-fitting colors. :cool:

(I have the #1 Spiderwoman Marvel comic sealed in plastic, btw. But it's been a long time since I unpacked it and looked at it.)

I don't remember if she even "made it". And last I checked, my Spiderwoman #1 was worth about $8 bucks.

L

lildreamer

One annoyed fan posted - Rogue wants her jacket back....
thought yup thats about right...DC version of the XMen - Rogue....
Messing with the time lines, reboot zero one...DC does that all the time - Crisis series etc..
Hit and miss in the DC Universe, always expected in the Marvel Universe, works for the latter not for the former...

But what really irks me..is this...every body is gone Twilight happy...I see it in Dr. WHO, see it in Xmen, see it now in rebranding of Batman and Superman...everybody is a young angst teen who cant figure their head from a hole in the ground....and now Wonderwoman....so now what... have Summer Glau play WW - hey wait that might not be a bad thing...hmmmm, atleast as soon as I saw the image - that was sprung to mind....

Lee needs to get out of the 90's and come up with something fresh...
please keep in mind people this is Western comics here with western idealogies...there really is no depth in character creation - unlike say Watchmen, imo..

D

docm

lildreamer":5yydgp61 said:
....so now what... have Summer Glau play WW - hey wait that might not be a bad thing...hmmmm, at least as soon as I saw the image - that was sprung to mind....
summer-glau-vanity-fair.jpg
Summer-Glau-Men-s-Health-Outtakes-s.jpg

Z

ZenGalacticore

jim48":282wclyn said:
I wonder if she likes to be spanked?

All good girls deserve a spanking, Jim.

They ALL like to be spanked! (At least, all the fun ones.) ;)

J

jim48

ZenGalacticore":2uwhpzmh said:
jim48":2uwhpzmh said:
I wonder if she likes to be spanked?

All good girls deserve a spanking, Jim.

They ALL like to be spanked! (At least, all the fun ones.) ;)

Zen, do you think that Wonder Woman would like to spank me? I have been a very, very bad boy!

L

lildreamer

;)
Thanks Docm made my Friday - nice way to slide into the weekend....

Its the more intelligent and educated women I've met, that like the more kinkier stuff in life....
weird...but true.... :roll:

far cry from her Firefly days....

D

docm

Currently Summer Glau is voicing Kara Zor-El (Supergirl) in the DVD animated movie Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

SBApocalypse.jpg

More Summer -

summer-glau-terminator-chronicles-promo.jpg

sumglau2.jpg

summer-glau-terminator010806.jpg

L

lildreamer

ok Doc's fantastic pictures = 1 geek mega orgasm.... :oops:
plus
she's comming to Toronto this year for FANEXPO 2010 - http://www.fanexpocanada.com/
plus on the list
http://www.fanexpocanada.com/genre/gues ... #category4
our own William Shatner and Joan Collins !!!!! hello0000...
and few others check the list its going to be quite the weekend....

checkout the other expos they are all included on the same site, physically the same location
Toronto Convention Centre on Front street - Toronto (of course)
Anime, Horror, SF, Comic, Gaming
with all the industry leaders - shakers and movers....

Status
Not open for further replies.