Any idea what the New Shuttles will look like???

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

caper

Since the station is almost complete and they will retire the shuttle soon. Any idea how we will visit the station? Whats the new shuttle design look like? Your links appreciated.

M

MeteorWayne

There are no new shuttle planned.<br /><br />The "new" CEV is a capsule. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

G

gunsandrockets

"Any idea how we will visit the station?"<br /><br />Russia <br /><br /> manned: Soyuz TMA spacecraft, possibly advanced Soyuz spacecraft<br /><br /> cargo: Progress spacecraft, possibly Parom orbital tug<br /><br />ESA Europe<br /><br /> cargo: ATV spacecraft<br /><br />JAXA Japan<br /><br /> cargo: HTV spacecraft<br /><br />NASA<br /><br /> manned: Orion spacecraft, possibly SpaceX Dragon spacecraft, possibly Rocketplane/Kistler K-1 spacecraft<br /><br /> cargo: Orion spacecraft, possibly SpaceX Dragon spacecraft, possibly Rocketplane/Kistler K-1 spacecraft<br /><br />Just google some of those names and you can find much more information on those spacecraft.<br />

D

docm

Wikipedia also has articles on most of them. <br /><br />Don't forget SpaceDev's Dream Chaser, which has been refocussed to orbital from suborbital. DC is based on NASA's HL-20;<br /><br />http://oea.larc.nasa.gov/PAIS/HL-20.html<br /><br />They appear to be determined, funded, active and are targeting test flights in 2008/2009, which shouldn't be too hard given the maturity of the design.<br /><br />Of the above it's the Rocketplane/Kistler K-1 I'd bet on remaining a perpetual 'work in progress'. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Q

qso1

Got a link to this SS20 shuttle stuff? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

D

docm

And the supposed Orion sub. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Q

qso1

I googled the Orion sub and got the link below:<br /><br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberon_class_submarine<br /><br />Its a Royal Navy diesel type and hardly the largest in operation. It was also operational during the 1970s. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.